cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I’d like to thank every community member for their continued feedback and usage of the community, without you, we’re just a website. Today, I’m sharing some exciting news and answering one of the questions I’m asked most, 

"Why do I have to use a separate username and password to access the community?"

With lots of you asking for simplification of the login journey. We’ve been working hard to bring Single Sign On (SSO) to the community, making it easier for every customer to access and participate in the community. Not only are we enabling SSO, allowing you to login using your My Account credentials, but we’re also moving to a 100% password-less journey, making it easier than ever before and we hope to launch this new login experience very soon.

What's next?

We’ll keep you updated on when we expect to turn on the new login journey, until then we’ve prepared some additional information below for you to familiarise yourself with, so you know what to expect.

What's changing?

Right now, you use your username and password to log into the community which is separate to the username and password used for My Account. Single Sign On allows you to use your My Account username to log into the community and if you’re already logged into My Account or Community you won’t have to login a second time when you navigate to each site.

What’s a password-less journey?

This allows you to log into the community using just your email address and a secure six digit code sent to your email address;

1. Select Login from the top right corner of the site
  2. Enter your My Account email address and select continue
    Note: Check your inbox for an email containing your unique six-digit code
  3. Enter the code and select Login

New login screenNew login screen

That’s it you’re in. If it’s your first time logging into community you’ll be asked if you want to create a new community username or link an existing community account.

Linking an existing accountLinking an existing account

Existing Community Users?

If you’re one of our existing community users, you’ll have an extra step to complete the first time you login. This is to link your community account with your My Account username. After logging in with your My Account email and six digit code you’ll need to select the option to Link your account now.

1. Login using your My Account email address
  2. Select Link your account now
  3. Enter your community username and password
    Note: Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by selecting Forgot your password.
  4. Select Submit

Your community account is now linked to your My Account email address, this should be used whenever you need to log into community.

New to community

If you’re new to community, we’ll ask you to create a username the first time you login. Your username can be anything you want providing it’s not already being used by another member but we’ll let you know if that happens and suggest an alternative. Your username is public and how you’ll be known within the community so we suggest you don’t use your full name for your own privacy.

Frequently asked questions

Here's some of the top questions you've been asking so far;

Once we’ve enabled SSO there will be no need to register separately for community. You will however need to be registered for My Account, Check out Register for My Account for more information

Yes, all community accounts will need to be linked to an active My Account, if you’re not already registered you should Register for My Account, it only takes a few minutes.

Everyone is welcome to read our support content and discussions however participation within the community is limited to TalkTalk Customers. 

The new login journey, built on our existing My Account login, brings single sign on to community with enhanced security monitoring and measures, making it more secure for all users.

If you've got question not already covered above, feel free to post it below and we'll do our best to answer it. 

Community
TalkTalk

about StephenF

Hey everyone, I'm your community manager and resident lego fanboy and not to mention a massive foodie :) I'm here to help keep the community ticking over each day and support our great members.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this