cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Re: There’s been a lot going on in TalkTalk TV over the last six months...

There’s been a lot going on in TalkTalk TV over the last six months, and we wanted to share some of the great things we’ve done with you. 

Multi-room

After a lot of requests from customers, we’ve launched multi-room TV! You can now get a second box to watch all your favourite channels, including your boost channels on another box, so no more arguing about what to watch.

Multi-room is available to all customers on one of our fibre packages. There’s a one-off fee of £50 for the box and installation, then it costs a market-beating £4 per month. You can add multi-room to your existing TV package by calling us on 0800 781 3963, through online chat or our website if you are new to TV or upgrading to Faster (Fibre).

New look website and apps

Those of you who like to watch TalkTalk TV on the go will have noticed that we launched a new website and suite of apps in January.

With the website and apps, you can watch some of the programmes from your Boosts on the go, including on-demand and live TV. You can also continue watching across devices, so start a show one device and pick up where you left off on another. And to support the launch of Boxsets in our Entertainment Boost we’ve introduced binge mode, so you can watch back to back episodes without having to do a thing. For any Google fans, you can also cast to another big screen using a Chromecast device at no extra cost. You can use TalkTalk TV on 4 extra devices. Why not check out the TalkTalk TV or download the app from your app store:

Google Play Store   l    Apple App Store 

Recording Boost Channels

One thing we know frustrated some of you was the restriction of only being able to record or watch one boost channel at a time. Well, as of last month, customers on any of our fibre packages can now record two boost channels at a time or watch one while recording another, which means fewer recording clashes!

We limited certain features to customers on fibre packages to ensure you have sufficient connection speeds to give you a crystal clear picture and avoid recording failures.

New programmes to watch

If you subscribe to the Entertainment Boost, we’ve now added ABC Boxsets to the line-up, which means you can binge watch series from the very beginning. We’ve got five great boxsets for you to watch now, with more coming later in the year.

And if you have the Kids Boost we now have even more shows to keep the little ones happy! We’ve partnered with Hopster to bring their fun and educational programmes like Ben & Holly, In the Night Garden and The Adventures of Paddington to TalkTalk TV. You can download all the Hopster shows on our apps so you have it whenever you need to keep the kids entertained!

Discover and Watch List

We’ve revamped the Discover feature on our latest generation boxes. ‘Discover’ lets you browse through On Demand shows from all the different apps, grouped by themes like ‘Most popular’, ‘Films’, ‘Rent and Own’ or ‘Children’s’. Once you find something you can either click OK to play or save for later using our new Watch List feature. Simply press the Record button on your remote and go to the My TV section to view everything you’ve saved.

If you can’t see Discover or Watch List, it may be that you have one of our first generation devices where this is not supported. If not, try updating your software by going to Settings and selecting update software from the Software Information tile at the bottom of the screen.

TalkTalk

about HollyBy

Hey I’m holly a TalkTalk TV product manager

Read more of my blog posts
11 Comments
ekimelot
First Timer

how long do you need to wait for a router my go live date is in two days and ordered it two weeks ago ?is it normal

0 Likes
Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team

Hi ekimelot,

You've posted in the blog section, if you've still not received your router can you post in the appropriate Help with your service section and we'll be happy to help

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes
Wayne Tydeman
First Timer

Hi

My name is Wayne Tydeman I've just recently joined talk talk but when I ordered talk talk through you switch they said I will get a £50 gift card. I've just had an online chat with an advisor and they said I'm not eligible for a gift card. As anybody else come across this problem when they said they will get a £50 gift card.

0 Likes
Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the Community. You've posted in the blog section, if you need assistance with this can you start a topic in the appropriate support section (probably billing would be best) and we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

This is a really nice post for the entertainment. There is a plan for six months with TalkTalk tv. [comment and link removed]

0 Likes
Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team

Hi quickenerror,

Thanks for your comments (I've removed your link as I feel it breaches our community guide lines)

Chris

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

will i still be able to receive talking pictures tv  on talktalk tv

0 Likes
Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team

Hi andrew49,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Talking pictures TV, perhaps you could ask the question in the TV support section

Chris

0 Likes
Jordan21
First Timer

Just had mulityroom put in today am really glad I have now means the kids can watch there tv and now I can watch my football only down fall is with mulityroom I wish you could have your recordings on my tv on both boxes so you can watch it down stairs and finishing watching it up stairs so you have the same recordings as down stairs as well as up stairs maby something talk talk could look into for better improvements.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just renewed my Faster  Fibre contract for an 18 month period..Am I entitled to a  free router upgrade or a router at a reduced price? I have the super router now.

0 Likes

More like this