cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagemcom FAST5364 - Device Info - Maximum Rate

whatsgoingon0
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I recently switched from ADSL to Fibre 65, so I'm currently in the 10 day stabilisation period. On day 1 the sync speed was lower than I anticipated for the distance to the cabinet, but it has since increased slightly. At 41Mbps it is close to the speed I anticipated would be achieved.

I have attached two images, Sync Speed 2024-09-14.png and Sync Speed 2024-09-15.png, from the router Device Info. On 14 September the Maximum Rate was higher than the Actual Rate, but on 15 September the Maximum Rate was lower than the Actual Rate. For me, that raises the question as to what exactly is the figure for 'Maximum Rate' showing?

Sync Speed 2024-09-14.pngSync Speed 2024-09-15.png
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Good afternoon,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

whatsgoingon0
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

It's been fine thanks. It's currently in sync at 42.6Mbps. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hello,

Just checking back in to see how your connection/speed has been over the last few days?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Morning,

We'll re-check your connection stats in a few days to see if the sync speed has increased any further.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

whatsgoingon0
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Okay, thanks for your reply.

I was assuming it was the maximum rate at which the line had connected until it went below the actual rate. Never mind, the actual sync rate is the important figure.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi whatsgoingon0,

I'm not sure how the maximum rate is arrived at, I would think it's something to do with background noise on the line at the time, it's not a something we ever use.

Chris

0 Likes

whatsgoingon0
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have an issue with the current actual sync speed, 41Mbps, or the download speed. Of course, I am hopeful there may be a further slight increase in the sync speed during the remaining part of the stabilisation period. The BT engineer achieved 46Mbps, and he said I should expect to achieve around 1-2Mbps less than that, so hopefully it will increase further.  If 41Mbps is the best I can achieve, then so be it. 

My query relates to the information that I obtained from the Sagemcom 5364 router Device Info on 14th and 15th September, which I attached to my post as two images.

In addition to showing the Actual Rate there is a figure for Maximum Rate. On 14 September the Maximum Rate was higher than the Actual Rate, but on 15 September the Maximum Rate was lower than the Actual Rate. For me, that raises the question as to what exactly is the figure for 'Maximum Rate' showing?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thank you, I've run a test on your line now which is clear and I can see that the sync speed has increased over the last 24hrs. It's possible that DLM may increase the sync speed further if the connection remains stable. Sometimes if the sync speed is higher than the throughput speeds then we recommend powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed so it's closer to the actual sync speed.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

whatsgoingon0
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

I have added my name and TalkTalk account number. I am puzzled about why this is necessary when supposedly my TalkTalk Community account is linked to My Account.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes