cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Wi-Fi routers

Message 7 of 7

Can anyone recommend a decent mid-priced router thats compatible with TalkTalk?

I have the Sagem hub but it keeps falling over probably because I have around 25-30 devices (smart plugs, etc.)

Is it possible to use an Eero mesh hub with the Sagem hub - or are there better alternatives for a small home?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

JohnAaronRose
Participant
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Perhaps too late for you. With FTTC Fibre recently upgraded from copper, I use a TP-Link Archer C80 router from Amazon. I use the Sagem router to connect to the internet and then have a wired connection from the Sagem to the TP-Link with WiFi switched off from the Sagem. The Sagem (which is upstairs) didn't connect to reliably to downstairs devices (e.g.  mobile devices and Amazon Firestick etc). This setup has advantages: 1. there is very little configuration on the Sagem (just reserved ip address of the TP-Link and passing through by Port Forward of services to the TP-Link). 2. If problem with internet connection from Sagem, then TalkTalk will be happy with checking that out. 3. Can easily change Sagem router if goes kaput. 4. Easy backup of settings on TP-Link. 

John
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

I think that is discontinued.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Keith,

Thanks for the tip. That's another option to look at. I think my problem is having too many devices! If the extender could handle the load it would be worth considering - if I can find one. TalkTalk don't seem to sell them on the site.

Thanks again 👍

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

You can also purchase from TalkTalk a very new product, the Sagemcom WiFi Booster (F@ST266 ) which is WiFi 6 compatible. When connected to a Sagemcom router, both units work together as a mesh network, making the router one node and the 266 the second. This works very well in my opinion. I am not clear on exactly where you buy it from, it is supposed to be available from the TalkTalk Store, but if you call the Loyalty dept they should be able to sell you one.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Divsec,

Thanks very much for the reply. It's good to know that a mesh hub will work via the Sagem router with the wi-fi switched off.

Think I will go down that route and see how it works.

Thank you 👍

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @lifeonanotherplanet I'm using deco9 mesh from tp link in conjunction with WiFi disabled sagem. Been very impressed, even when compared to my previous draytek kit. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.