cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Address not listed

kellzzies
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 10 of 10

Hi there

I am trying to move my broadband from my old address REMOVED , however I can't find my new address in the drop down menu when trying to complete the moving home process online with TalkTalk. I am able to find my address with the postcode checker on the Royal Mail website and have sent a request to ensure this address is available to organisations. Please can you confirm how I can make sure TalkTalk has my most up to date address details and can actually find my address?? Other organisations seem to  be able to!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @kellzzies 

Sorry that you are having problems. 

As gondola has mentioned we cant place an ORDI request on a property we don't supply, the address will be a bronze key address, which will need an Openreach survey that would have to be organized by the owner of the property, especially if there is no current Broadband service.

Unfortunately its a mess and can take a while in these circumstances. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thank you both. I've had a look and no one else in the building seems to have TalkTalk as their broadband provider, only Virgin Media. I'll wait for Arne but I'm tempted to just take the risk and assume I'm '27c' if an ORDI request can then be submitted. I just want to make sure I get the broadband service I end up paying for!

Message 3 of 10

I was hoping that the property owner might give you the definitive answer. But I tend to agree with ferguson that you'd expect 27c relates to the property now known as Flat 3 at Number 27. You're right though, it is a risk that Openreach do have 27c as Flat 3.

TalkTalk would submit an ORDI request (Openreach Database Integrity) to correct an address on the Openreach database but I don't know if they'd do that when they're not yet supplying the property with a service. Arne will say.

Is there someone in the property taking a broadband or 'phone service?  The existing owner or occupier could ask the current communications provider to submit an ORDI request.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I totally understand your caution. Let's see what Arne has to advise.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I would really like to assume the same, but I'm worried if I do that the broadband service might be provided to the wrong address somehow as it's not certain

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Forgive me for nosing in on this, but I can see the earlier information and there look to be four separate addresses: Flat 1, 27; 27b; 27c; Flat 4, 27. Which is an inconsistent mess!

Is it too much of a stretch/risk to imagine that Royal Mail Flat 3 equates to Openreach 27c?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Arne

I've updated the requested info on my profile. I'd really like to move my TalkTalk broadband with me to my new address however I'm getting frustrated now. I can find it okay on the Royal Mail postcode checker, which is what one of your advisors told me to do on the phone yesterday. It's just Openreach that don't have their address database updated correctly. I've contacted Openreach yesterday but I have no idea how long they'll take to get back to me. I've checked with the organisation that rents the property to me and the address I provided to TalkTalk is the one they officially have. Is there any way to fix this issue at all? There are no a, b and c addressed flats in my building, just Flat 1, 2 and 3. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi kellzzies

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi kellzzies 

I've removed your addresses from public view as we don't want you getting spam mail.

TalkTalk uses the same address list as used by Openreach to define your connection.

I've looked at the TalkTalk and Openreach address checkers and neither show your new address as you've given it.  Both do show Flats as numbers followed by a letter e.g. 27B and 27C for example, Not Flat Number in place of the letter.

So, my take is that you would check with the owner on the originally registered address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes