cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cancellation of Talk Talk Service

Brian91
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My mother has cancelled her TT service, but it is not clear from her TT account that TT have logged this. There was a cancellation notice on her account a week ago but that has disappeared. The account suggestes that TT intend to continue to take money off her by direct debit even though she has told TT to cancel her service. Can I cancel my mother's direct debit with the bank even though TT seem unable to update her account?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Brian91

Can you add your mothers account number to your community profile, and I can check. 

Thank you.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

You should never cancel a Direct Debit as it can cause you all sorts of issues later on including penalty fees being added for late payment and it may affect your credit rating too. You are covered by the DD guarantee so should get your money back.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your mother's account information up to date in your profile under private notes so her account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).