cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

discontinue a talktalk broadband contract

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

my contract is going to be ended january next year and i called to customer service to inform them i want to discontinue the service after the contract. i was told that they can do nothing to help. i have to call exactly 30 days before contract expiry date to 'cancel' the contract. but i am not going to cancel my contract. i just want to discontinue the contract after the expiry. 

they can do nothing and i can do nothing. i MUST call again EXACTLY 30 days before the expiry. they will not accept any kind of pre-notices in calls or emails to get it done.

the best service i have ever encountered. they asked why i stop the service. i believe their prefect way of handling customer contract tells already the answer.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you have a chance to try the 30 minute router power down? What speeds are you currently seeing at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

If you want to post an image then use the camera/image icon in the reply toolbar, rather than trying to attach it. 

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 16

wanna to upload image to tell you how bad the result is but can't do coz it tells -

"The file type (.jpg) is not supported. Valid file types are: pdf, doc, ppt, docx, pptx, xlsx, psd, gz, zip, svg, txt, png, jpeg."

SORRY THAT DON;T WANNA TO WASTE MY TIME DOING THE TEST WITH AN UNRELIABLE PROVIDER WHICH I WILL STOP WORKING WITH. THANKS ALL YOUR KIND HELP.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

Thank you and we will check back in with you on Monday.

Thanks

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

ok. will try this out coming weekend and let you know. thank you!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Could you try switching the router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. This forces the router to start a new session and resolves a lot of problems. Can you give this a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 16

am not using phone line so don't know about it. if you are playing online games using talktalk, you will know how good it is.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

I've run a line test, it's not picking up any issues and your sync speed looks OK but I can see that there have been some disconnections. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 16

THanks Chris for your kindness. in additional to speed and stability, customer service is of vital importance. sorry to say that their service is far below my expectation.

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Hi Chris, thanks for the kind reply. i will be happy to discuss with you if i didn't have the phone call with the customer service today. for now, i can't think of one single reason to stay.  cheers!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

There's information about cancelling your service here, if you then have any further questions please let me know - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Would you like me to take a look at your Internet connection to see if we can improve stability?

Chris

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

i really don't understand why i have to explicitly follow their strict procedure to 'cancel' the contract that is going to be ended.

shall i just STOP doing the renew procedure to FINISH the contract? why i have to do all these USER-FRIENDLY procedures to end a contract? maybe i am not so smart!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi hk_586,

Do you plan to transfer from TalkTalk to a new provider or just cease service altogether?

We can have a look at the stability issues if you like, would you like us to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

hk_586
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

BTW, one of the main reason why i don't want to continue the contract is not really the speed but the stability and very high ping in online games. 

0 Likes