cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cheaper talktalk broadband

Lynnwilx
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi I’m new to all this and not very knowledgeable 

my question is I am paying £27.50p a month which is to be increased by £1 , now I realise that’s not much. 
I have been waiting for months to get a cheaper deal, I want to stay with TalkTalk these have been my only provider since AOL days. 
I am 71 years old and I’m trying to get down all my bills what do you suggest I do. 
thank you 

Lynn

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

If you are not close to the end of your contract, @Lynnwilx, there's a risk that changing your deal comes with an admin fee. Check under "pricing" in the forum search engine. One off fees are listed there.

The April increase has been part of your contract for two years now, and as it's built in, we can't claim ignorance in order to haggle either. All companies do this inflation busting increase nowadays too, so there's not really anywhere to run to. 

If you're within the last 30 days of your contract, you can leave without penalty. 

Staff on the forum can't help set up a deal.  Search for Chat on the search engine, of phone 03451 720088 and speak to the LOYALTY team. 

It's the same number if you wish to leave. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

I have cancelled my TalkTalk, because it doesn't work for me and started switching to PlusNet, which is £1 more. TalkTalk offered to reduce my cost from £26 to £20 for Fibre 65 to tempt me back, so perhaps that is a good way to get a reduction. Unfortunately no good for me as my download speeds drop to below 1Mbps every evening and TalkTalk refuse to do anything to fix it.

0 Likes