cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet still not activated

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

It's been almost 1 week since my services were supposed to be activated, keep getting the same response from TalkTalk saying that a robot from OpenReach is going to be doing what they need to do and that internet should be up from Midnight, this has not happened and I'm loosing my patience, I need this for work urgently and have a huge meeting tomorrow that I cannot miss. 

Is there any way someone can help me with getting things sped up as I'm already 5 days late of receiving the internet. 

Thank you

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 21 of 60

You could try it but if it doesn't work we'll still need to test with our router. (I've ordered the router now it hopefully will be with you tomorrow)

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 60

Thank you, did you see my reply about the OpenReach router I have, I could try that out ? Or is that no good for testing

0 Likes

Message 23 of 60

I'll order the router now. Those sockets should all be dead if the master socket faceplate is removed

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 60

Okay sure please send it to my address,

also, is there any other socket I can plug it into to test it in my home? I have one in every room (but these are just standard Non NTE

0 Likes

Message 25 of 60

I'm sorry there's not, I would have to send it to your home address. They are generally dispatched same day so you should receive it tomorrow

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk We could try that but at this point I feel like it's an engineer thing that needs to take place, as the wires all look frayed anyway behind the line socket.

But might as well try to get a new hub anyway, is there any way I can pick this up from TalkTalk offices? There's one only a 10 minute drive from me.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 60

OK, I've chatted with an Openreach desk agent, they say that the order is complete. I think we should test with another router, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 60

Okay thank you

0 Likes

Message 29 of 60

As far as I can see the order is complete but I'll speak to an Openreach desk agent to make sure.

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 60

I still need help please @Chris-TalkTalk 

I just spoke to TalkTalk again on the phone, and they're telling me that my internet won't work till Friday because OpenReach need to do some external works, but then I'm confused as to why I received an email last night saying my TalkTalk services were now working?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 60

@Skynet_TX thanks , yeah i already did that still not working 😕

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 32 of 60

You mentioned earlier that your master socket is an FTTC style, some of those sockets effectively have two faceplates, so you have to pull two sections away to get to the real test socket underneath. The first section you pull away (after removing the two screws) removes the phone socket at the bottom, the second section you pull away (with no additional screws) removes the data port at the top, and you can then see the test socket in the bottom half of the socket that remains on the wall.

Just thought I'd mention that, as if you do have that style of socket where you have to pull two sections away then the router will not work if it is plugged into that middle section, the middle section would have to be pulled away (there should not be any screws, it should just pull away), to reveal the proper test socket, which is where you should try the router (via a microfilter).

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 60

I have an openreach router thing that I took with me from my previous property, not sure if that’s good for anything? 

image.jpg

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 34 of 60

Okay well I just unplugged it but nothing happened, broadband still flashing orange 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 60

Yes, it could be something to do with your alarm. When you remove the master socket faceplate it should disconnect it but you could try unplugging it, but I don't know what affect this would have on the alarm

0 Likes

Message 36 of 60

Oh it might be to do with the burglar alarm system, not sure if it has anything to do with the actual internet but I could be wrong 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk here is what it looks like, i believe so yes. 

It looks like it needs something to power it though but have no idea what it is (this is in my bedroom, not main phone socket in living room) 

image.jpg

0 Likes

Message 38 of 60

Is that connected to an extension telephone socket?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 60

It has an internet cable coming from it which fits into the phone socket , not sure if it’s for phone or internet

0 Likes

Message 40 of 60

I don’t, but there’s this thing in my bedroom not sure if it’s any use for anything? 

305317B0-CB00-4506-9C66-7E71D1526477.jpeg

0 Likes