cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet still not activated

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

It's been almost 1 week since my services were supposed to be activated, keep getting the same response from TalkTalk saying that a robot from OpenReach is going to be doing what they need to do and that internet should be up from Midnight, this has not happened and I'm loosing my patience, I need this for work urgently and have a huge meeting tomorrow that I cannot miss. 

Is there any way someone can help me with getting things sped up as I'm already 5 days late of receiving the internet. 

Thank you

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 1 of 60

Hello,

Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

maskabone
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 60

Just upgraded from M200 to M350 due to numerous connection issues that have been going on for months. Was told to split the wifi and did this a few months ago but this caused more issues so had to revert back to the normal set-up. I have to make outbound calls as part of my job and the connection drops constantly and cuts people off. I upgraded recently and was told by retentions that the upgrade would resolve issues with connection dropping and if not to call to ask for a new hub ( have the superhub 3). I am now tied in for 18 months. We work from home and have laptops connected to the wifi. Called VM to complain as the issue was still happening and was told the only solution was to pay £5 a month extra for the extenders. Apparently no router upgrade is possible with our set-up and the hub 3 is the best solution (!) I said I was not happy to pay more as we pay £84 a month as it is. There is nothing that they will do apart from suggesting I do the pinhole reset on the hub. This has been attempted several times in the past without success. Said they would make some changes behind the scenes and keep an eye on the connection (dubious). The man I spoke to then said that our Xbox was the issue and then was told it was due to too many people working from home. We have a lot of devices connected as we are a 5 person family with gamers as well and this is why I am paying for the M350 option. He told me to call back in 7 days if it's still happening but this issue has been going on for months. Any ideas for a solution? Starting to lose the plot with them to be honest.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 60
0 Likes

Message 4 of 60

Thank you, will do

0 Likes

Message 5 of 60

OK, I've booked the first appointment available -    March 06 2023, AM (8am-1pm)  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 60

I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 60

I am yes, what time tomorrow ?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 60

Hi benlukeee,

Are you available tomorrow and any day next week for the engineer visit?

Chjris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 60

Hi when can I expect the engineer 

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 60

Yes thats fine, could i get an estimated date for the engineer please? I filled out what you sent @Chris-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 60

Hi benlukeee,

If you'd like us to book an engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 60

Can I book an engineer to come asap please? I work from home and I cannot continue without internet, I've already had to pay for extra data, which is still not enough

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 60

dead in both cases @Skynet_TX 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 60

Have you tried the phone directly in the test socket (with no microfilter), and also in the test socket via the microfilter, just in case the microfilter is faulty. Is the phone dead in both cases ?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 60

Okay I managed to find one from my neighbour, I did as @Skynet_TX had said , and no dial tone @Chris-TalkTalk 

I think an engineer needs to come 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 60

Thanks, still not showing an internet connection. Please let me know if you manage to get hold of a telephone

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk connected it now. 

@Skynet_TX i’ll try and find someone who has a telephone i can borrow

0 Likes

Message 18 of 60

Just connect it to the test socket and let me know when you've done this. I can then check if it's connect to the Internet 

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 19 of 60

One other thought, there is a slim chance the Openreach engineer has connected the line up wrong when doing the activation, if you were able to get hold of a landline handset, just for testing, then if you could plug that in firstly to see if there is a dial tone at all, and secondly if their is a dial tone, to call 17070, if the line has been set up correctly that will give you an automated voice that will read back the phone number of your line, which should match the phone number shown in your 'My Account' area.

Very occasionally Openreach can make a mistake and your phoneline can be connected to a different property, so the line test will pass, but the line is actually not going to your house !!

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk how would I be able to tell if the OpenReach router is working? 

0 Likes