cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet still not activated

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

It's been almost 1 week since my services were supposed to be activated, keep getting the same response from TalkTalk saying that a robot from OpenReach is going to be doing what they need to do and that internet should be up from Midnight, this has not happened and I'm loosing my patience, I need this for work urgently and have a huge meeting tomorrow that I cannot miss. 

Is there any way someone can help me with getting things sped up as I'm already 5 days late of receiving the internet. 

Thank you

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 41 of 60

OK thanks. Do you have another router that you can test with?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 42 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk thats right yes

0 Likes

Message 43 of 60

OK so you've removed the faceplate of the master socket to reveal the test socket. The micro-filter is connected to the test socket and the ADSL cable to the router is connected to the broadband port of the micro filter (the telephone port is empty)?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk I have FTTC, but am using the test socket right now as the wires look frayed some what with the normal connector

0 Likes

Message 45 of 60

Thanks. Line test is showing router is out of sync, probable problem in home environment - which type of master socket do you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 46 of 60

Yeh I plugged in the wrong thing I think, just put the cable from the router into the modem part of the micro filter, and then plugged that into the test socked, still flashing orange

0 Likes

Message 47 of 60

OK,  how have you connected to the router to the test socket if you aren't using a micro-filter, the adsl cable won't fit in the test socket?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 48 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk Oh I have not used a micro filter,  should I do that and then restart my router?

0 Likes

Message 49 of 60

The order appears to be complete now so looks as though there is a fault on the line. So just to confirm, you have the router connected to the test socket via a micro-filter and nothing else connected?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 50 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk @I unfortunately do not 😕 

I was basically told on Friday that OpenReach were conducting their robot thing and that it would be done the latest yesterday , yet it’s still not working 😕 

0 Likes

Message 51 of 60

Do you have a telephone that you can connect to test with?

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 52 of 60

I don’t use the landline

0 Likes

Message 53 of 60

OK thanks. Is your telephone working, do you have a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 54 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk yes it is but it’s still flashing orange 

0 Likes

Message 55 of 60

Hi benlukeee,

Just to confirm, is your router now connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 56 of 60

@Michelle-TalkTalk Hi , yes it has a test socket, when I unscrewed the socket the wires inside do look quite frayed, not sure if this does anything. 

I plugged in my router now to the test socket, should this work despite the wire situation? 

0 Likes

Message 57 of 60

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 58 of 60

Hi @benlukeee,

The support team here will be back in the morning and will hopefully be able to try to get you an update on this issue.

(I'm not having any problem accessing the TalkTalk website now)

0 Likes

benlukeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 59 of 60

Also is the TalkTalk website down for anyone else? Can't access it at all.

0 Likes