cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for almost a month

Roy101192
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I’ve recently moved to a new property and called talk talk to arrange the “transfer” etc. 

I moved into the new property on the 9th February. It is now 25th February and I have yet to get someone to activate my broadband!

I’ve been trying to speak with customer service but all they do is transfer me to every other single department (been through all of them!) and also, disgustingly, hanging up their calls on me!

I’m paying for something that I can’t use for almost a month now, something no one is able to help me with, where customer service is extremely poor and unqualified and extremely rude!

Based on the hugely poor assistance and customer service and how I’ve been treated by TalkTalk customer Service staff I’m seeking legal advice and seeking to take legal action. 

Where can I submit my complaint and what’s the best route for compensation for the time I have been paying and not receiving a service?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

andysbhai
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

I would appreciate any advice.

A couple of weeks ago we switched from BT fibre to Talktalk fibre (for money reasons).

We've had no connection since.

The "Broadband" light flashes. Internet light off.

Accessing wifi via browser brings up a "No sync error."

We had a Talktalk engineer to check the internal set up. Tried a different router. Same issue. Recommended an Openreach engineer.

He came. Tested everything. Said the line was syncing perfectly with his test equipment and said that a router issue was at fault.

So, the Talktalk engineer says the internal set up is fine but line is at fault and the Openreach engineer says that the line is fine but the router is at fault.

I am now waiting for a replacement router to arrive from Talktalk which will be of no help. I'm just following their useless advice to its conclusion.

My question is what can I do? From what I understand I am not allowed to cancel the contract until they have done everything they can to try and sort out the issue. But we have had literally no internet since the start of our contract and I have no faith in them resolving the issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Roy101192,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Roy101192
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Doesn’t help at all. Have tried all of that. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Roy101192,

Details on the complaints process can be found here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Raising-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670

0 Likes