cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No connection from day one, not being fixed

Nottsuser
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

My line was installed 17 May 2023. Connection is not working, has not worked for one second. Meanwhile I’m being charged for a service that I’m not getting.

Connection tests from day one confirm there is a fault with the line. I've been running the test again and again. Last Fault reference no. is REP-12950177

“we’re working on your fault” is the standard message on screen – nothing is being done about it.

Wasted 2 h on the chat with an operator who had no clue and no advice to give; claimed there was no fault on the line; in the end just recommended to call up eero support!

This is a farce. I am paying for a service and I’m getting nothing in return.

FIX THIS. Send an engineer if need be.

A

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hello,

They will try to make contact with you again today between 12-2PM Please can you also add the best number to contact you on to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Message 2 of 21

@Nottsuser, you need to reply to Michelle-TalkTalk's question. 

What is your best availability for receiving calls? They will be trying to reach you to resolve this but do need a time frame too.

Information about compensation etc:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 21

what is the hang-up? Why is this dragging on and on?

did you actually get in touch with anyone?

I want this line fixed. It has been 4 weeks now, and still nothing is being done to provide the service i am paying for. Enough of this foot-dragging lazy incompetence

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hello,

When would be the best time for the team to make contact and I will pass this over to them?

Thanks

Message 5 of 21

no, none.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Morning,

The team have advised that they are trying to make contact. Have you received any voicemails?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm hoping to know more shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

please give me an update

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will chase for an update now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

thanks for asking - alas, I have not. Neither by phone or by email.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you been contacted?

Thanks

Message 12 of 21

Hello,

Thanks again for confirming. I've escalated this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

u_Screenshot_20230516-141359_eero.jpg

u_Screenshot_20230524-171127_eero.jpg

  here's the error message

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Yes, still no connection.

the problem lies with either the modem or the line. Here’s why:

• i've tested the eero router with my virginmedia modem/router – it’s working fine
  • I’ve plugged in a different non-eero router into the modem – no connection, just like with eero

ergo, the fault is with the modem or the line.

Send an engineer to fix this. I’ve been paying for this service and it’s not delivering. I’ve been reporting this fault over and over, and still waiting for a fix.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. If you connect directly at the ONT (wired) with no router connected is there still no connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

DSC_9344.JPG

 here are the lights on the modem

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi 

Can you tell me what light are 'on' , on the ONT ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi, I've added acct. no. etc to my profile. Mine is a Full Fibre acct.

Please help

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi Nottsuser

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name, TalkTalk landline number and order number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

@Nottsuser, helpful if you can tell us whether this was a Fibre to the Cabinet set up, or Full Fibre to the premises. 

Also: essential to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Please add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information in the Profile area. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff is reply during the day  Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes