cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No power lights on router

Clair79
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have no lights on my router like there's no power getting to it I've tried plugging it into another plug. I used online chat this morning but after nearly 2 hours still nothing sorted waiting for call back later. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks 

Clair
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

HI Barntonbenny

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Barntonbenny
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi, I have exactly the same issue ( for the second time ) ! Now my replacement router has no power !! I was without internet last time for 3 WEEKS, and was promised compensation ( which never happened )!!! I am seriously considering going to BT or EE NOW! I am not willing to wait over a week for another replacement routet!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Clair79

A new router is on the way to you now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Clair79,

Yep, pretty poor that the live chat can't resolve something like this, the support team here on the community will be able to help when they are back tomorrow. As @AllyM says, if you have checked with a power socket that you know is working and the router has no lights, then the team here will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

0 Likes

Clair79
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

They were asking me the most random questions but surly if no lights on at all means no power getting to it 

Clair
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Clair79 ,

If you've confirmed that the power sockets you've tried are working ok, then it sounds like the router or power adapter has gone faulty.

Staff on here should be able to get a new set sent out to you when they reach this thread. Disappointing that the live chat operator was unable to do that for you though.

It may help if you prepare by updating your forum profile with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to locate and access your account (don't post personal details on the thread though).