cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Possible Router Replacement or Diagnostics?

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hiya I'm hoping you can help me, my router isn't working so well at the moment, I've tried factory reset, turned it off/on, replaced the wiring and had a friend replace the connections board on the wall for the new wiring (he's a qualified electrician), i also think I've requested a diagnostic for connection issues but I'm still lagging during game/stream times, cannot download while my partner is watching movies or programmes on netflix etc. Is there anything that can be done? I'm still within contract and have had this router for over 18months. 

Kind Regards
Nicole

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Amazing thank you Debbie I'll let you know 

Message 3 of 16

Hi DanikaOri90

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

If that's possible please 

Message 5 of 16

Hi DanikaOri90

Ok, would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

Again no as it's the main reason we don't use the land line (and due to our financial status we're not in a good position to get one anytime soon) 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi,

Ok, do you have a handset that you could connect to the line just to test this please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

We actually don't use the land line, I don't think it's actually included in my contract as its supposed to be broadband only. In regards to broadband speed I honestly don't know. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi,

No problem, thank you 🙂 I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential voice fault. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone as this can affect the broadband connection? What speeds were you originally seeing?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hiya sorry i misunderstood haha, I think I've done it now? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi again,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number or account number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Hey Michelle thanks for getting back, I've done what was asked though only have 1 working number available right now. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi Nicole,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DanikaOri90
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Sorry what I mean is we bought new cables and reconnected the router in hopes that would work

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Not sure what you mean by "replaced the wiring?" Subject to that the support team here will look into this for you when they are back online on Monday. 

0 Likes