cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom Fast 5364 - can no longer access Advanced Settings in Hub

ComfortablyNumb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

I have noticed I can no longer access the router ADVANCED SETTINGS option when I log into the hub from my iPad (or iPhone) - despite being able to log into the dashboard. I was previously able to do this and I used to find it very convenient to have the ability to restart my router using one of my iOS devices without the need to go to the desktop computer. When I log in as Admin I get to see the dashboard but as soon as I click on the Advanced Settings option I get returned to login page (and so the perpetual cycle begins...).

I can, however, access these settings using my desktop computer - this happens to be connected via ethernet cable to the router.

Is this a new bug or is this a feature of the current software version?

My software version appears to be SG4K100174

41 REPLIES 41

Message 21 of 42

Hi 

Apologies for this.

This issue has been raised to our Devices Team and they are investigating.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 42

No. Still same this end.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 42

No. You do need to let the pages fully load though. 

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 42

Once you have got in to Advanced settings ( where you see your Wi-Fi devices ) select one of the tiles to go a step further and you should find you'll be logged out of the router?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 42

Hey all, I have just noticed that my router software was updated to v174 a couple of days ago. Tested access again via Safari on my iPhone and I can still access Advanced Settings. So has this now been fixed? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 42

Hi

This has been fed back to our Devices Team.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 42

No, it's a bug. I can access my advanced menu system on Android without a problem. As I said earlier I passed this bug over to TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 28 of 42

...actually that would be a ridiculous theory of mine as they would be locking customers that only use mobile devices in their households out of these important router settings. So scratch the "security enhancement" theory.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 42

Am wondering if this is a "security enhancement" as it is restricting access to router settings to devices physically connected? If it is then (a) being told about it would have useful and (b) it is actually something I would have preferred to have had the option for enabling/disabling.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 42

I have just passed this over to TalkTalk as a bug.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 42

Thanks for confirming that Andy.

Keith

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 42

If it helps I can confirm the same experience with v174 as the original poster for the latest iOS versions on iPhone and iPad - you just get logged out as soon as to attempt to access advanced settings.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 42

The only person I know who has an iPhone & iPad has now confirmed is still on V158 as well.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 35 of 42

Your router software is the latest available and updates are generally pushed out in the small hours anyway. 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 42

As previously posted - not tried factory reset yet. Want to avoid that for time being. Prior to my discovering the issue my internet feed to my AppleTV had stopped unexpectedly (stream I was watching stopped and continually indicated buffering). - my first response after waiting a reasonable period was to try and initiate a restart of the router as I had my iPad to hand - I logged into the hub and discovered the Advanced Settings/Maintenance options were inaccessible. This was about mid-day - could there have been a software update at that time which had caused the interruption and subsequent issue? Would the software update show up in the logs stored in the hub??

0 Likes

Message 37 of 42

Have not tried factory reset yet, to be honest am trying to hold off from that at moment.

My Apple devices are running on different OS so not connected to new OS update as they were both able to do this previously. Checked all the iOS Safari settings and nothing new has crept in. Resetted both devices - no i provement.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 42

Hi all, just tested this myself on an iPhone and working OK for me, although I am on 158. Thought I would throw that in, in case it helps. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 42

There is a bug in 174 and 158 before it that can cause any part of the advanced menu to be unresponsive. You then have to log out of it & log back in again. However what you are seeing where you can never get into it from Apple devices, but OK from a PC, is definitely not the same as that bug. I do not have any iPhones or iPads to try myself, has anything updated in them, have you tried a different browser?

Another way to look at this I guess is that Ethernet is OK & wireless is not. Have you tried a factory default of the router's configuration?

Keith