cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow Broadband

MisterB
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Had a Zoom problem this morning so checked my speeds, getting half what I usually get on download.  See below.

The router's an Ethernet connection.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Mike

Speed to your router
65 Mbps download (As measured yesterday)

Speed to your device
29 Mbps download
17 Mbps upload

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Glad this helped.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MisterB
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Karl,

Done that.  Seems to have worked well.  I had turned off/ turned on again but obviously not for long enough. Will do better next time.

Many thanks,

Mike

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

61.2 Mbps Your average download speed

16.9 Mbps Your average upload speed 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Can you power off the router for 30 minutes to clear the session and then retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MisterB
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

The phone sounded clear ten minutes ago.

0 Likes

MisterB
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Karl. I have only a desktop connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.  I've now tried connecting my laptop, both with and without the desktop, same results.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Line tests are clear currently.  Check the home phone is clear of any noise.

What device are you using and is this directly wired to the router ?  Do other devices see a drop in speeds.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes