cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speed to my router

silone74
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Screenshot_20230314_193736_Chrome.jpg

Hi, I am getting less than half the download and upload speeds to my router, I have done all of the things asked but still no joy, the test done on talktalk.co.uk state I am getting full speed to my home but the router is showing less than half that. 

It should be more than double and was around 75mb download before.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Simon

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

Message 2 of 21

Thank you for your help the problem has been resolved, the engineer came on Saturday it was the box outside the house that had connection issues and has now been replaced.

Simon.

Message 3 of 21

Thank you for your help it is appreciated. 

Simon

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi

Engineer has been booked for Mon 20 March PM (1-6).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 21

Hi

OK, next step is to book out the engineer.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some security info.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 21

Screenshot_20230317_125620_Chrome.jpg

 Hello, the new router arrived and I have set it up and the speeds are still very low at 25mb download and 6mb upload at the router, the screen shot attached isn't great quality for some reason but it shows the speeds it is receiving.

Thanks

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Message 8 of 21

Thank you I will do that.

Thanks for the quick response too.

Simon

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi

I have access to Openreach systems etc, so booking an engineer quickly is not a problem, but they will make the condition that if the fault is internal or with your equipment they will charge, so I always like to see a router tested so you are confident that it is an external issue.

As soon as the outer arrives and is tested, let me know and we can progress with the engineer booking for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 21

No not as yet, I have received an email also saying there is a fault with my line and to book an engineer but I will wait until the router arrives and see if it helps, I just wondered if there had been an update on talktalk's end that required an engineer visit as it was a fault found to be causing the problems.

Thanks for your reply.

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi

Did you receive the new router before we proceed to an engineer ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 12 of 21

Hi, I have received a text message this morning saying an engineer needs to visit and to book them but the link given takes me to my account with no way of booking an engineer could you help with this at all.

Thanks

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21
0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Perfect thank you and I will let you know once I connect it up.

Simon

Message 15 of 21

Hi Simon

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know once the new router is connected.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 16 of 21

Hi, yes that would be fine thank you and thanks for the quick response. 

Simon.

Message 17 of 21

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing first?

Message 18 of 21

Hi, thank you for your response, it is in the only socket we have downstairs and the router was getting the top speeds available until now, I haven't had another router to test if that is at fault but the router is probably 10 years old or so.

Simon.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi silone74

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Have we sent you a replacement router for testing?

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?