cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TRYING TO CANCELL CONTRACT. RIDICULOUS

nishgabas
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hello, i just wasted almost 1.5h trying to contact you on live chat then on a phone. I was told on chat that they cannot cancell my broadband from day that my contract ends, so im supposed to call you on phone number provided on website. After calling this number it turns out its not supported anymore and need to call another one. Finally when i get to someone (hard to say who) i was trying to cancell my broadband. Then i was hold on line over 30 minutes just to be told that im supposed to call talktalk services again exactly on day that my contract ends. Today i got email with options to contiune my contract or to cancell it. BUT to cancell it i have to give you 30 days notice, which i was trying to do already. If nothing will change ill just cancel my direct debit with day that my contract ends, im done wasting my time and money trying to call you.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi nishgabas

Sorry that you are unhappy.

Cancellations can only be done by the cancellations team on 03451720088 they will be able to help

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Staff here cannot deal with cancellations.

You will need to speak to the Loyalty Team
0345 172 0088 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Also, you should never cancel a Direct Debit as it can cause you all sorts of issues later on including penalty fees being added for late payment and it may affect your credit rating too. You are covered by the DD guarantee so should get your money back.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes