cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk router problems

gcon60
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

For the past few years I gave enjoy a failure free internet connection.  Perhaps, every-now-and-again it would drop out.  No problem, these things happen.

However, over the last few months the router has been dropping out almost once a week.  This requires an off/on reset and all is well again.  There is no facility on this router to reboot it remotely.

The main problem is that I have a Hive Heating System where the boiler can be controlled over my network.  If I am away from home loss of control gives me a problem especially in bad weather.  This happened to me last winter during a spell of temperatures in December as low as -12˚ .  A timely arrival back home saved the day.

Not a thing has changed on my network.  The same connections for a few years with no signs of trouble.  I can test my system until the cows come home once it is back up and running with no indication of a problem.

My feeling is it could be an intermittent router problem or it’s down to something at TalkTalk. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi gcon60

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thanks Debbie,

All good so far and my original router is now with Royal Mail winging its way back to you.

Regards

Message 3 of 19

Hi gcon60

Just checking in to see if everything is still working ok?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Successfully installed and looks good.  Not long ago I reached 43Mbs and I was delighted.  With this new router I got 48.5 Mbs.  WOW!  Over the moon.

I will continue to monitor in the hope the fault does not return.  Thanks once again.

gcon60

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi

Excellent, any problems etc, just post back here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Router has arrived, thank you.  I will set it up and install it today.  gcon60

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi gcon60

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi gcon60

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Keith,

Thanks for you help with this.  A new router is now en route so hopefully all will be good.

gcon60

Message 11 of 19

Certainly Debbie and thank you for your speedy help with this.  In time I will let you know the outcome.

tak tent,

gcon60

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Definitely sounds like the router to me, with the light being solid red.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi gcon60

You can keep the new router and return old router, will this be ok?

0 Likes

gcon60
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 14 of 19

Debbie,

As the router is a possible cause of the failure it would be useful to try another one.  A month would probably be a reasonable period for testing.  Do you agree?

Ta

gcon60

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi gcon60

Apologies for this. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Message 16 of 19

1.    Router type DG8041W

2.    Solid red

3.    Yes, also affected

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi gcon60

Apologies for this. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes