cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Told to raise a VPN support ticket here

Frustrated-HomeWorker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi - how do I get my VPN connection back following your firmware update please? It is suggested I have to wait 24-48 hours!?!

This conversation started at 12:51...

- 13:21
just to reiterate, the VPN worked for over a year and suddenly does not work today. The online log of the router shows an update has taken place and the VPN has not worked since that update

- 13:21
Got it. Can you able to logged in to your Myaccount? I can see that your HomeSafe has protections that enables on your account.
 - 13:24
yes, I turned those on over a week ago, have tried turning them off and the VPN still does not work

I just turned it off again to double check, the VPN still does not work

- 13:27
I see. Thanks for letting me know.
Just to confirm, is your router model from TalkTalk?
 - 13:28
yes, model Fast5364-3-00

that is one example of someone with same problem and it gets fixed by TalkTalk

there are many, many examples of this

- 13:29
Thank you. For us to try this step can you try to do a Factory Reset on your router? To do this:

1. Locate the reset pinhole button. This is usually on the back or side of your router
2. Gently push a pin, a straightened paperclip or another appropriate item into the hole until you feel a click. Hold it for 30 seconds
3. Any lights on the front of the router should turn off and come back on again
4. Once your router has fully booted and any lights are on, you can reconnect your devices to your Wi-Fi
 - 13:30
how do I reconnect to you after that happens?

- 13:31
Do you have any mobile data connection to connect on your device that you are using to chatting us today?
 - 13:32
I will check

but I am curious why I need to do this when the solution others are being given is....

Hi Truck50

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware. Would it be ok if I update the firmware this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

when other VPN users with same router and same firmware have the same issue, they get a new firmware sent remotely in about 15 minutes and that fixes the problem

- 13:35
I see, thanks for letting me know. Upon further checked on this, you need to message our VPN users hotline so that our Back Office Team can able to update your router firmware. Here is the link:

New Message - TalkTalk Help & Support
 - 13:38
will try that, thanks

oh, sent message there over an hour ago

- 13:39
I do apologise as my resources are limited on this type of scope as I can only check on your line of your internet connection and as for the VPN, it cannot able to check on my resources.
No worries, our Back Office Team will be replying or notifying your messages.
You'll be notifying with our Back Office Team within 24-48 hours.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Frustrated-HomeWorker
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thank you!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

i'll pick up your first post and close this as duplicate

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes