cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN issues, please help!!!

Miri95
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

I’ve been having issues with my VPN for quite some time now. 

I never had any problems logging on, then a couple of months ago it wouldn’t let me. I need my VPN for essential work as part of my job and use it regularly and daily. 

I have spoke to my works IT department who did all updates and checks and concluded it was an issue with my internet provider. This was confirmed when I used my housemates internet (different provider) and could log on. I do not plan to live in a houseshare for much longer so need this issue fixed asap as when I move out I won’t have any access to my VPN. I work from home so it’s essential I have this support. 

I have spoke to TalkTalk customer services numerous times about this who said VPN issues aren’t they’re problem but I refuse to believe this as it is clear that TalkTalk is blocking the VPN somehow. My IT department has exhausted every option they can. So this is clearly an issue with TalkTalk. 

Can someone please help!!! It’s driving me a bit crazy and I’ve had no support or solution for this. I requested a new router but they refused. I really need to get on the VPN but it just comes up with an error message each time. Please help!!

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Miri95

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Miri95
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Just tested it now and it works again, I can successfully connect to it! Thanks so much for your help, big sigh of a relief 

Message 3 of 7

Hi Miri95

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Miri95,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing the firmware, they probably won't be around until Monday now, but they will reply as soon as they can.

Miri95
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Karl,

I have provided my home phone number, please be aware it is not in use. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

If you are a Full Fibre customer, please add your FTTP reference or FTTP order Number to your profile.

If you have difficulty providing the above information, please add the Account Holders name, House number and postcode to the Private Notes section that is located at the bottom of your 'Community Profile'

Thanks  

Karl.   

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes