cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Vpn connection not working

Dopey3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have been working at home for 2 years.  I am unable to connect to my work network.  I understand on 21/4/22 there was an update.  Please can you update my router as I need to work at home tomorrow.

Thank you

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

Glad it's working now, and sorry it took so long to get a resolution for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dopey3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hi Karl

Amazing, all working.  I can't understand why the customer service tell people that talk talk does not deal with vpn  access when you clearly do.  It's taken me 3 weeks to Get this issue sorted.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

I've made a change to the router, please test VPM now and let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dopey3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

My details are there.  Please can someone help.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi @Elena15

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Elena15
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Hi everyone, I have the exact same problem. I tried to speak with an agent through the online chat but the problem still exists.  He suggested resetting my router to factory settings and if there were any new firmware updates will do it at midnight. Unfortunately, my firmware is still the same and I still can't connect to VPN. Today, I brought my laptop to work to connect with the Wi-Fi and the VPN connected successfully. Can anyone please help me on that as I have days that I have to work from home and I am not able? Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Dopey3

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware, this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Dopey3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi, yes I have a Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub.  I assume the software is built in.

Thank you for replying, I've not been able to get much help by chat/phone.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Dopey3,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes