cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi won't enable on Sagemcom router

andyh12345
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

On Friday night the household Wifi stopped working.  After investigating, the router itself (version SG4K100136is reporting it as disabled, even though the slider is set to enabled (see photos). Attempting to disable/re-enable makes no difference, except that the router sits there unresponsive for a few minutes while trying. 

I've tried the obvious power cycle. any other suggestions, or is this a deceased router?

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpg

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Andy

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

That seems to have sorted it - thanks!

Message 3 of 13

Hi Andy

Ok, please can you power down both the new router and ONT for a full 30 minutes and then retest again?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Both routers say Device Ver.: FAST 5464-2.T4 on the label. 

The old router reported version SG4K100136 within the dashboard. The replacement reports version SG4K100158.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Andy

Can I just check, which router did you receive? Was it the same model as your previous router?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

The new router arrived today and wifi is now working - thanks. 

However... the landline no longer works. Within the router it says "Voice is not registered" under the "My phone" section. When I try to use the phone there is a continuous beep tone. 

I've tried rebooting the router, the phone and the OpenReach box on the wall, all to no avail. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Andy

I've requested that a replacement router is sent, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Debbie, 

Yes please, that sounds like the best option. 

Message 9 of 13

Hi andyh12345

Apologies, would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

andyh12345
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Just tried a factory reset and it's made no difference - the Wifi is still reported as disabled even though the slider switch is enabled. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi andyh12345

Did you try the factory reset? (pin hole reset for ten seconds)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Try a full reset by pushing in and holding the pin button on the back of the router for about 10-20 seconds. Let us know whether that works, or not.