cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Fibre 65 Below Minimum Guarantee

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 40

I ran checks on broadband speed on 9 April and found it was below minimum guaranteed speed, and had been for some time. I then ran connection check and a fault was identified. This fault was logged on 9/4 as REP-12746671. Kept checking fault tracker and it just kept saying it was being looked into.

then today 12/4 the fault tracker had disappeared, so I rand speed and connection checks again, speed is even lower (26Mbs) and connection fault is still being identified. As a result of me running checks today another fault has been logged REP - 12758556 with start date of 12/4.

The previous report was closed without the fault being rectified. I’m not sure how or why this happened, and hope it doesn’t happen again in a few days time.

I’m not getting the service I’m paying for and am hoping that someone can get to the bottom of the problem and get it sorted for me.

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 1 of 40

Hi

OK, I'll drop you a PM with some details to complete.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 40

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

I think that’s what is needed, we really need to get to the bottom of this and get it sorted once and for all.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 40

Hi

line test is showing an issue, would you like to progress to an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 40

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Broadband speed is still below guaranteed minimum, and fault on line is still being identified.

Heeeelllp !!!!

Also, surprise surprise, yet another fault report has been raised on my account because I checked the speed and connection. This means that I’ve had another text and email telling me to contact tech support etc etc…… I’m really not going to go through the story all over again when the initial fault report at the beginning of the month should still be open.  Please don’t tell me I have to…….  😭

0 Likes

Message 5 of 40

Hi

just reply here when you need us.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 40

Thanks Chris,

I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days and let you know how it’s looking.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 7 of 40

Hi Vonney,

Sync speed is still a bit below the guaranteed minimum. Could you see how it goes over the next couple of days and if there's no improvement we can look at arranging an engineer visit to investigate

Chris

Message 8 of 40

Hi Chris,

I switched off the extenders for a while, as you suggested , and old SSID is no longer visible.

Speed is still slow - can’t check this on TalkTalk site ( keep getting we’ve hit a problem message) but other speed stest sites show 28 - 29 Mpbs download speed.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 40

I think the old router name will be the wifi extenders, if you switch the extenders off and check to see if the old router SSID is still visible, hopefully it won't be

Chris

Message 10 of 40

The one by the router is the new one that came in the box with the new router. But the one plugged in by the tv is still the old one.

the weird thing is, it’s like I’ve got two routers plugged in, and they both work at the same time - I am totally confused. Mind you two Wi-Fi connected devices dropped connection on old router  - ring doorbell and Solax solar power inverter and batteries, but everything else works on either router name

0 Likes

Message 11 of 40

OK thanks, I think it's most likely the wi-fi extenders that have cached the old router SSID and are still broadcasting it, I can't think of anything else it could be.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 40

Hi, 

Yes, I’ve got one Wi-Fi extender plugged in by the tv.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 40

I've no explanation for that, it doesn't make any sense. Are you using a wifi extender?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 40

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the explanation.

just scanned, and yes the old router is still listed. In fact I’ve just attached this phone to it and am replying to you via the old router. I’ve switched mobile data off to make sure it’s not connecting to the net via that.  Weird !!!!!

Also, just turned on smart tv and am accessing ITVX via old router???

0 Likes

Message 15 of 40

Sorry, DLM is dynamic line management. It monitors your connection 24/7 for errors and disconnections, it adjusts the connection speed to keep these within acceptable limits

Regarding the old router name, this obviously shouldn't be possible. Could you try rescanning for available networks and see if the old router name is still showing

Chris

Message 16 of 40

I hope so. Btw who are/ is DLM?

also why is broadband/Wi-Fi still working on old router name even though I’ve got the new one up and running, and the old one disconnected and in a box ready for posting???? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 40

Ok thanks. Hopefully DLM will move you to a faster profile over the next few days

Chris

Message 18 of 40

30Mpbs download, 8.4 Upload

0 Likes

Message 19 of 40

Hi Vonney,

Thanks for the update. Could you try a couple of speed tests on Fast.com and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 40

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk  and @Debbie-TalkTalk,

Thanks ever so much I’ve received my new router. I’ve plugged it in and reconnected all devices. So waiting to see if this improves things.

I’ve just tried to do a speed test online, but keep getting a message saying we have a problem try again later. I also noticed that the record of my fault had disappeared, so I ran another line and connection test and was told there is a fault on the connection, and guess what another Fault Report has appeared.

Not Sure why the reports keep getting closed…….  🤔

0 Likes