cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Fibre 65 Below Minimum Guarantee

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 40

I ran checks on broadband speed on 9 April and found it was below minimum guaranteed speed, and had been for some time. I then ran connection check and a fault was identified. This fault was logged on 9/4 as REP-12746671. Kept checking fault tracker and it just kept saying it was being looked into.

then today 12/4 the fault tracker had disappeared, so I rand speed and connection checks again, speed is even lower (26Mbs) and connection fault is still being identified. As a result of me running checks today another fault has been logged REP - 12758556 with start date of 12/4.

The previous report was closed without the fault being rectified. I’m not sure how or why this happened, and hope it doesn’t happen again in a few days time.

I’m not getting the service I’m paying for and am hoping that someone can get to the bottom of the problem and get it sorted for me.

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 21 of 40

@Chris-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Hi, I’m after an update on my fault please.

I was on a very long chat with the tech team yesterday evening, which ended when they needed to run some tests.

Tried checking speed this morning but yet again your system keeps telling me there’s a problem, so no speeds being displayed.

Also, still finding that I have two WiFi connections - one with new router  Network name and 2nd with my old router Network name - what is that all about 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Hi Chris,

just had an email advising line test has been done and to contact TalkTalk Tech team.  Are you part of this team or should I contact them now?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 40

Hi Chris, 

it’s a BT logo’d socket, but it doesn’t have a line across it so doesn’t appear have a test socket.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 40

Thanks but must to confirm, is it connected to the test socket underneath the main socket faceplate?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk , yep it’s connected to the main socket. It is all very weird.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40

Something that’s really confusing me is that although I’ve got the new router set up, which has a new Wi-Fi network name and password and my old router is switched off off and in a box ready to post off. The old router Network name is still available on my devices and if I connect to it, it still works. !!!!?????

0 Likes

Message 27 of 40

Hi Vonney,

Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 40

Hi,

just tried Sam Knows and got a download speed of 30mpbs, but it’s not giving me an upload speed. Ran test on a few other sites and all say  29 - 30 Mpbs download and 8.2 - 8.5 upload speed.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Hi

Can you try a speed test at Sam Knows Speedtest  

And see what results you get here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 40

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk  and @Debbie-TalkTalk,

Thanks ever so much I’ve received my new router. I’ve plugged it in and reconnected all devices. So waiting to see if this improves things.

I’ve just tried to do a speed test online, but keep getting a message saying we have a problem try again later. I also noticed that the record of my fault had disappeared, so I ran another line and connection test and was told there is a fault on the connection, and guess what another Fault Report has appeared.

Not sure why the reports keep getting closed…….  🤔

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 40

Thanks Karl - will do 🫡 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 40

Hi

The issue will remain open here, just post back in this thread once the new router is received and tested for a little and we can pick this back up with you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 34 of 40

Thanks Debbie,

Really appreciate your help with this.

Hopefully, my fault will remain open this time until the speed issue is fully resolved. Don’t want to have to start the whole process again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 40

Hi Yvonne

The router is on its way, there will be no charge for this.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Please can you keep the new router connected to the line for at least 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile/speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk Debbie, 

Yes please, that would be great.

I’m guessing that I don’t have to pay for it 😀

Cheers,

yvonne

Message 37 of 40

Hi Vonney

It may show this message because it's detecting the speed is low.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

Message 38 of 40

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk Debbie,

I’ve only got one router, it is plugged into the main socket though.

not sure what you mean by the line being clear. When I run the test online I am told that there appears to be a fault with the service coming into my home.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 39 of 40

Hi Vonney

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear. Can I just check, have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

0 Likes