cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot send emails via thunderbird

veryoldgit
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello!

I am in a mess!

I am 70+ and don't understand computer speak e.g. SMTP etc...

All was well until two days ago, when I suddenly couldn't send emails (receive is okay).

I have, I think, changed the settings to new ones but get this message:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Zow0pxbPHFLnq MailFrom must match AUTH used (TT421). Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

I don't understand any of it!! I did get a pop-up asking for my password, this was rejected.

I send and receive emails through, what I believe is, my own .co.uk domain from talktalk using Thunderbird.

My wife's email is having the same issue, but I've not altered anything yet as I don't wish to possibly foul up twice!!

I can't seem to find out how to change the password in the talktalk account settings, either.

I do hope A kind person can sort me out. If you think you can please write in plain English as I am not computer-literate - thank you

21 REPLIES 21

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

The reason you cannot send mail is because port 25 for outgoing mail is blocked to stop unauthorised use of the TalkTalk outgoing mail servers.

Outgoing mail from a TalkTalk mail address is fully authenticated by the outgoing SMTP mail server with User Name and password.

To get your personal domain fully authenticated you must use the outgoing SMTP servers provided by your mail hosting service. TalkTalk Mail does not offer mail hosting for personal domains and all website hosting by TalkTalk Consumer was ceased some years ago.

Do you know who hosts your personal domain? Where you forward your mail from? Let me know the domain the bit after the @ in your personal domain address and I'll do a look-up for you and see if I can help you get back on track with the mail hosting setup.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes