cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

You are going to need a bigger spam filter

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I am smelling amazing but still the spam is coming. Not in the same quantities as last week, but it hasn't entirely stopped yet. Same origin ie g mails and same perfume; can't I at least have some after shave.

Over to you TalkTalk please.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

I would prefer it if you could carry on trying to achieve a resolution as opposed to leaving it to somebody else. More spam this morning.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for letting us know. I'll leave you in the hands of the complaints team.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

Spam ongoing. Have submitted a formal complaint in an attempt to raise this at a higher level.

There is a parallel thread on ‘tiscali spam’.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

My apologies Richard I had missed that. As you have no doubt discovered the complaints process is linked at the bottom of every TT webpage. If you need more help on that score please let me know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

MTA?? TMA - too many acronyms!

They (Google or TT?) maybe looking to repair their MBA’s, OBE’s or whatever. But what does this mean in language that your customers can understand?

I found the answer to making a formal complaint which you either swerved or missed.

regards

Richard

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

They'll be working to repair their MTA.

Ady

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Hi Ady

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have written to/contacted Google (see below) but I am not sure what one person can achieve. I would have thought that a large co. like TT would have the contacts to at least try to effect a solution for their customers.

Can you please advise as to how I can escalate this - formal complaint or other?

Tganks

I & many others with a tiscali.co.uk address (operated by TalkTalk) have recently been flooded with spam/scam e mails from g mail accounts. TalkTalk are washing their hands of this & passing the responsibility onto you.
I am only a little cog in a big machine, but I will at least give it a go in an attempt to resolve this problem for tiscali e mail account holders.
I would be very grateful if you could get back to me & I can furnish you with more details.
Thank you
rjhooton@gmail.com

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi Rootin, until Google sort the problem with their outgoing mail you're still going to get the spam. If we blocked the whole Gmail database it would create major problems. I'm told that we did add additional filtering to reduce the amount. 

Ady

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Still more today & nothing from TT.
The problem stopped for a few days mid week so something is going on.

Does anybody know what rights I have under my contract T&C’s?

IMG_7304.png

0 Likes

Rootin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

More spam this pm and tonight - J’adore perfume & Temu. Is it just me?

0 Likes