cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

83 year old forgotten email and password

daveee
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Im trying to help an elderly relative who lives near us who wants to get Fibre. He is not computer minded at all and does not use an email address he has forgotten the one he must have used to create his Talk Talk account and he has no idea about the password. He does manage to use a mobile phone. His speed is very low as he has never updated which he wants to do. His speed is around 5mbpsn where as mine a few doors away is over 50. Help please.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Ah, the mobile number linked to the customer account. I understand now. Confusion cleared.

OK if the customer account does not have mobile number linked to it or the number was changed and not updated then that aspect of online account recovery is not possible.

Which then leaves only contacting TalkTalk Customer Service (CS) to get his new mobile number linked to the online account and of course to ask about upgrades. CS staff will ask some security questions related to his account. He'll need his bank details to hand but CS will not ever ask for full details only the last 4 digits of the bank account number.

Has he looked at the Availability Checker to see what packages are offered at his address? Might be good to know in advance of the package he wants to opt for.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

daveee
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi the link sent to verify the account asks for a mobile number. Talk Talk response was they do not recognise the mobile number (i think he might have changed it a few years ago) so unable to send the email details by text 😞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Nobody has mentioned a mobile account as that would be, if it existed, entirely different billing and an entirely different account number. But as he doesn't have a mobile account with TalkTalk that's one less bit of confusion eradicated from this topic.

You said he used a mobile. I gave a phone number to use on a mobile to call TalkTalk Customer Services, that's all. In practice all the TalkTalk numbers I gave would be included in a normal mobile call package. i.e. 01, 02 and 03 numbers are now included in most mobile call allowances but just in case he gets charged outside of a package of calls for calling 0345 numbers then that's what the 02 number is for.

daveee
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Im sorry, I am now told he does not have a mobile account with Talk Talk it is his landline and TV.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If he wishes to know the email address he's registered with then follow this link: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/usernamerecovery/identify

If he does not use email then presumably he is on paper billing? All his account details are on the paper bills.

If he wants to upgrade to fibre then he can contact or call customer services and quote his account details to get information on upgrades.

LiveChat and contact information - select and wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

LiveChat Messenger

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 and Full Fibre enquiries on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

Mobile calls to Customer Services on 0203 441 5550. Text Relay Service is 18001 then 0345 172 0088.