cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

BB dropping out

g7mjv
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I've recently had my service reinstated and have found that it regularly drops out.

I did a line test at the weekend and a fault was identified so i booked an Openreach call.. The chap, who was great, changed the front panel and all of the tests looked good

Ihe showed me the history and i could see that the connection had been slow but was now fast again.

From time to time, the LED alternates between white and orange before I get my connection back. I'm fibre to the cab and good old copper for the rest

many thanks

Andy - Salisbury, Wilts
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi g7mjv,

Line test is still picking up a fault, have you noticed any disconnections since your last post.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Thank you 🙂 I will re-check the connection stats first this tomorrow morning and will post back with an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

g7mjv
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thank you.. I will leave things as they are until advised otherwise.

Andy - Salisbury, Wilts
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now and it's still detecting the same issue. Would it be possible to keep the router at the test socket for 24hrs so we can re-check to see if the connection is still unstable? If the connection is still dropping at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

g7mjv
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Good morning

when the chap was here he suspected the front panel of the master socket 5c and changed it. This morning, I have removed it and replaced it with the filter that came with the router. When I had the service reinstated recently, a new Sagemcom Fast 5364 was posted and this is what's in use.

My speeds were slow when the Openreach chap tested if but they came up with the new faceplate.

I don't use the phone service but remember it being noisy from time to time, when I previously had service.

Most of Salisbury now has FTTP but not where I live 🙂

Andy - Salisbury, Wilts
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that the connection has been unstable. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please? Have you also recently tested with an alternative router?

Thanks

0 Likes