cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

I need my dropline moved...

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

This is a continuation of a problem I reported October 2022. My landline/broadband line is attached to a rotting pergola. You can read all about it here, and there are more photos.

The Openreach Engineer, that I paid over £120 myself for his visit, said this can only be done through an arrangement with TalkTalk.

The pergola is falling down, and I can't do anything about it until the line is moved off the pergola and attached directly to the house.

Please, can I have an appointment made to move the dropline before it's pulled down with the failing pergola?

20230508_181656_resized.jpg20230508_181713_resized.jpg20230508_181724_resized.jpg20230508_181733_resized.jpg20230508_181819_resized.jpg20230508_181833_resized.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Take an axe to the pergola and let the line break seems to be the only option that will get the required attention.

Message 2 of 9

Hi

The line between your property and the exchange belongs to Openreach and they will only let their engineers work on this.  TalkTalk do not have their own engineers, so if there is a fault, or if any work is required, we, like most other providers must raise a request to Openreach.

They will reject any request unless we confirm that any charges are accepted by the customer.  We cannot guarantee what Openreach will do, or if they will refuse a job if it is not financially viable for them.

All we can do is raise the request, we cannot guarantee the outcome.

As a request was raised previously and unable to be completed, the likelihood of this happening again is possibly going to be the same.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

And we’re right back where we left thing 6 months ago…

I paid already. The engineer came. He told me the work that needs to be carried out should be arranged between my provider, you, and Openreach, not as a work order generated from me. I say again, I paid. The engineer came.

I’ve been asking for your help for six months now.

What you seem to keep saying is you won’t do anything until the collapse of the pergola pulls my line down and creates a fault with my service, yes? Until then, any help I ask for is considered “optional”, yes? If this is correct, can you just say it.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

An LVR is the type of request we raise to openreach to move the line.  This cannot be raised if you do not agree to pay the charge to openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I don’t know what a LVR is, but yes, I’m asking you for help. If that means “raising a request, then yes, do that. The structure the my line is attached to is going to collapse, no question. Please do whatever you can. Maybe if you include my latest pictures it might help. But I’m not agreeing to have to pay for the visit.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi

I can raise a request for our teams to contact you and arrange an LVR with Openreach however if they need to close the road and the local councils etc refuse permission, then the job would not be able to progress as it did the last time the request was made.  We can certainly make the request to Openreach but cannot guarantee that any work will complete or what the Openreach decision will be.

Would you still like me to raise the request ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I was ultimately told to contact them directly, by you. I paid. They wouldn’t. I was told they’d need to close the road in order to get to the pole connections, they would need more than one engineer and a truck with a bucket. I was told, by the Openreach engineer that I paid for, that all this has to be arranged through my provider…you.

Please, read the entirety of my original posts. The link to my original request was provided. It spans two months and nothing came from it. Then look at the new photos I provided, and tell me my line is not at risk.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

We can arrange an Openreach engineer however they will charge £128 to relocate a drop wire.

When you say you previously paid Openreach, did you contact openreach directly to arrange for this to be done ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes