cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline has intermittent bad reception

CBeaze1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Recipients of calls from or to my landline get very bad crackling and hissing and I have to ring them from my mobile.

Problem has been ongoing for about 6 months. Using online tests frequently indicates a problem with the landline which shows up as being progressed for a few days (but I get a text message saying that the test has been completed and if I'm still experiencing issues "our agents will need to investigate this further" and visit talktalk.co.uk/tech to chat to one of the team" - but that doesn't work). I've reported the problem via phone to tech support who arranged for an engineer to visit. He tested the landline and told me that it was not within my property, but probably Openreach or Talktalk. Problem continues and I didn't hear anything about progress. Reported today by phone and was told an engineer would be sent but would cost £75. An alternative was agreed with an email which gave an online checklist of 4 actions. None work. I'm left in limbo. I'm not paying for another engineer who'll do nothing. Will raise with account management and probably leave TT (after 20 years I'm fed up with bad service).

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

@CBeaze1, top right, look for a number next to your avatar. Click there and again on the message envelope to access and then reply to the PM.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Where do I find the "pm"?

(I'm not well up in the use of social media - I can't find anything in FB).

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

i've sent you a pm.

karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Ok - send an engineer (I specifically asked if it was a callout charge and was told it was - it wasn't made clear that it was only if the problem is within the property and for the previous engineer I was told it would be £40).

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

An engineer charge is only applied if the issue is within your property or with your equipment. If the fault is on the line, then no charges would apply.

Would you like to proceed with the engineer booking?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes