cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Failing to record - and wont play back things recorded last year

tomthestagman
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My Huawei DN372T box will not record. I programme things I want to 'time shift' but it then comes up 'failed to record'. Other programmes that I did manage to record, now will not play.

I have reset the box ten times. I have reset the router three times. 

My conclusion? I need a new box.

Thoughts and help, please?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi

you can use live chat or the main number 0345 172 0088.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

tomthestagman
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

What number do I use? Preferably to speak to a human, not a machine.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

whilst we no longer issue these older youview boxes, give our teams a call and they can discuss options to issue one of the new TV Hubs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

tomthestagman
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Well, I reset the box back to 'factory settings' and as a result, lost ALL my recordings - things that my grandchildren would watch time and again. The result? It still will not record preset programmes. So now I have to choose a new box.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

If you have tried the full factory reset from the settings menu, to clear the hard drive of any corruption, and the box still fails to record, then the box is possibly nearing end of life.

TalkTalk stopped providing these model of youview boxes just over 2 years ago, so this model cannot be replaced.

We do have a couple of new boxes available and you can view a comparison of these boxes :

Compare our TalkTalk TV Boxes - TalkTalk Help & Support

Depending on your package and contract you may be eligible for a new box, but may need to renew your contract to accept the offer of one of the new boxes.

Give our customer teams a call or live chat and they can discuss this with you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes