cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk Box only records BBC programmes

AndyGee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

For some time now with my Talktalk TV Plus box all programmes set to record on channels that are not BBC Fail to record - I’ve tried resetting the box on several occasions using soft reset and also tried recording on other channel’s +1 facilities with limited success. Is there a fix for this very frustrating issue. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JNS159
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

How was this fixed, I have same issue?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Tried it on Sunday and all good - happy days! Thanks for your help on this. 😃

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

A message has been posted on the YouView forum as follows.

a change has been made regarding the D3&4 MUX and are seeing an improvement as a result.

Hopefully you can now record ok. 0lease let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Unless you get another recording box the issue will persist until the broadcaster and YouView resolve this.

There are not many providers offering recordable Freeview boxes these days (can only think of BT). Others are Sky and Virgin who have their own boxes over Satellite and cable.

Freeview play boxes may be an option, but I'd check they don't have similar issues with the broadcaster.

Another may be a Humax YouView box. Mine does not have this issue, and they can be sourced relatively cheaply on auction websites.

I thought I'd give a few suggestions in the cause of household harmony!

Unfortunately recordable boxes are getting a rarer commodity these days and I, like you would miss having one.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks for this - I looked on the Youview link and it’s all very technical 🙈 and I can see that you’ve asked for an update too - thanks for that 😃hopefully there will be an answer soon - in the mean time I’ll continue recording stuff on the +1 option. 

Maybe long term I may need to consider another service provider as there are less tolerant folk recording on the box 🤞

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

As i said this is a known issue that YouView are looking into and have been getting help from a TalkTalk user.

The channels you mention are those affected.

Keep an eye on this thread on the YouView forum.

I have requested an update and referenced your thread here for info.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607116/failed-to-record-ch4-e4-film4#latest

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Thanks for your help the reset worked fine and recordings were saved, but sadly I still get the same failed to record problem when recording 2 programmes simultaneously- the BBC ones record but ITV, C4 and C5 don’t. (ITV+1, 4+1 and 5+1 are recording now though), so mixed success. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Thanks for your reply, I completed reset without deleting recordings and set up a couple of programmes to record simultaneously and the bbc 1 bbc2 and ITV +1 recorded fine, but the ITV, C4 and C5 still failed to record. Would this happen if I was watching BBC iPlayer at the same time as recording 2 other programmes through the box? 

This problem is a recent issue that has come about in the last month. I’ve got programmes recorded that I want to watch so i’m Not keen to undergo a full factory reset right now but will do when I’ve done so. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the support staff look at other alternatives.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your reply: It’s all ITV channels, C5 as well as C4 - sometimes on +1 channels I have success but it’s hit and miss. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

There is a known issue with C4 and associated channels plus those broadcast on the same mux.

If it's these channels, then it appears to be an issue with the owners of the broadcast medium, and YouView are working with them for a solution.

Search Freeview mux channels to check the other affect channels that are broadcast with C4.

0 Likes