cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

problems with subtitles

hansam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Just received my new TV hub and remote. When I select subtitles for films and some programes, the subtitles remain on screen for every other show. when I go to settings, the subtitle option is 'off' but they still show on screen. Solution??

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

No downloadable manual available however there is help content that you can search via the option at the top pf the community page.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hansam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Thank you, tested numerous times, must be a fault, on hub. Settings show 'subtitles' display as 'off', i then need to press again to show 'on'  again for 'off' for them to disappear off screen.

Tried selecting subtitles 'on' while watching a programme, then turning 'off' before exiting programme to see if that turned off the subtitles altogether, didn't work, still needed to go to 'settings'

I don't want to go to factory reset, been frustrating getting used to the new TV hub already.

Thank you for your help, a manual would have been helpful, is there a download to my computer available?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

You would have to sign back in to all apps etc if the unit is factory reset.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Just tested again, to make sure it is still happening! If i take it back to factory settings, will I lose anything that I have already set up?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I've been testing on my hub here, and cannot recreate this.  The subtitles are working correctly, and when I turn these off, they are then not showing on any other channel.

Try a factory reset - Settings - Device Preferences - Factory Reset, and see if this clears the issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hansam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

No, until i turn on subtitles for a particular programme, they are not on screen. If I turn on for a particular programme, they appear on all after that. I go to settings, options for subtitles shows as 'off', but I still need to click to turn off repeatedly.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Are these within a specific app, or channel ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hansam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Yes

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Have you tried powering off the box for a few minutes ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes