cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

you view

Aniachka
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

TalkTalk sent us a You View box years ago and it's worked fine but since ITV Hub became ITVX we can't watch any ITV programmes on demand. 

How can I get ITVX through the You View box?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

try the reset as ferguson advises and see if that helps.  The rollout of ITVX across youview boxes in general has been delayed by ITV themselves as they work on the app.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

The DN360T box is still supported. If you are not able to view ITV Hub on demand content it has nothing to do with the fact that the app has not yet been upgraded to ITVX. Have you tried a forced update of player software? Failing that, try a factory reset. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

There is nothing you can do.

If anyone needs chasing it is ITV and they are doing a phased roll out across all devices that are capable of running the app.

They are working with YouView in this regards.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your reply.  We have a DN360T box which I guess is quite old so it will be a while before ITV/You View get round to updating it if at all.  Perhaps I should chase them up.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately it's a wait and see situation.

ITV is responsible for the app and content, YouView is only a means of delivering it to you.

YouView are working with ITV to see if the 372t box will be able to accommodate the new app. The 370t box will not be getting it, nor can it play the ITV HUB.

it is available on most Smart TVs and also Roku and Amazon Fire sticks and these have many other free apps to expand your watching experience and can be bought for around £30 depending on what features and resolution you may require. You will need a spare HDMI socket to run one though (or an extender).

I appreciate this doesn't suit everyone but the apps on these devices are kept up to date much quicker than YouView boxes and as said provide more viewing options if you don't wish to wait and see if an update to your box is forthcoming.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes