31-07-2013 08:19 PM - edited 24-11-2021 12:27 PM
1. TalkTalk Members Community at www.talktalkmembers.com & www.community.talktalk.co.uk (“TalkTalk Community”) is operated by TalkTalk Telecom Limited. By using the TalkTalk Community you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the TalkTalk Community.
2.TalkTalk may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of the TalkTalk Community will be deemed an acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
Do not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any contribution you make. If you do so it is at your own risk.
You agree to use the TalkTalk Community only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, invade the privacy of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the TalkTalk Community. Prohibited behaviour includes harassment or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, the use of obscene, vulgar, hateful, defamatory or threatening language, the use of profanities or posting content generally considered to be inappropriate for a family audience or that disparages race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or nation, or that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue within the TalkTalk Community.
3. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in the TalkTalk Community and all non user generated content located on the site shall remain vested in TalkTalk or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any content on the TalkTalk Comunity in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on the TalkTalk Community except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of content on the TalkTalk Community requires the prior written permission of TalkTalk.
4. The names, images and logos identifying TalkTalk and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of TalkTalk. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of TalkTalk or any other third party.
5. Given our role in offering this service and our presence together as part of the extended community we must reserve the right to remove certain content that you may post. As a general matter, you may post content freely within the TalkTalk Community, so long as the content does not harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person, is not obscene, defamatory, threatening, offensive, considered inappropriate for a family audience or that disparages race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or nation or does not infringe intellectual property rights, or invade privacy or is otherwise injurious or objectionable. Submitting duplicate content without allowing a reasonable period for a response may be considered spam and in which case will be removed You may not use the TalkTalk name and/or the TalkTalk Community to advertise, endorse or promote any product, opinion, cause or political candidate.
6. By posting content to the TalkTalk Community, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that content, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, or that your use of the content is a protected fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the content you supply does not violate these terms, and that you will indemnify and hold TalkTalk harmless for any and all claims resulting from content you supply.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that TalkTalk can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give TalkTalk permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. If you do not want to grant TalkTalk the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the TalkTalk Community.
10. You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on the TalkTalk Community. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
11. Contributing material to the TalkTalk Community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
12. You agree to only submit and share contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of TalkTalk or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
13. Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any discussion on the TalkTalk Community.
14. A warning will be issued for a first and minor breach of the rules;
15. Subsequent infractions or more serious breaches will be recorded on your forum profile under (Infractions)
17.TalkTalk reserves the right to delete any contribution, at any time, for any reason
18. The majority of content posted on the TalkTalk Community is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of TalkTalk or any of its staff or officers. TalkTalk is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the TalkTalk Community or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the TalkTalk Community. Forum users should report content they consider to be in breach of these rules via the ‘Report a Thread’ button. Any links to third party websites from the TalkTalk Community do not amount to any endorsement of that site by TalkTalk and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
19. TalkTalk does not guarantee the appropriateness, completeness, technical accuracy or performance of the website or any of the content. No responsibility is accepted by TalkTalk for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
20. TalkTalk will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from any use of this site. You expressly agree that you enter and use this site and act on advice given in this TalkTalk Community at your own risk.
21. TalkTalk does not warrant that functions available on the TalkTalk Community will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that TalkTalk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
TalkTalk Community will not send e-mail to customers unless they have first given their consent.
22. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
23. The failure or delay of TalkTalk to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive TalkTalk’s right to enforce that right.
24. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
25. From time to time we may display adverts on our site, these adverts are non-personalised ads and do not use any of your data but help us keep the site up and running.
Last updated 21/09/18