cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Using Last Caller Barring

No ratings

This calling feature is the perfect way to stop nuisance callers. You can use it to block the last number to call you, or you can enter specific numbers you’d like to bar. Whenever someone tries to call you from a blocked number, they will hear a recorded message and you won't be disturbed with the call. You can block up to 100 different numbers using Last Caller Barring. 

You may also want to check out About CallSafe our free feature where all your incoming calls are screened before your phone rings.

1.  Login to My Account
  2.  Choose My services, then Manage home phone Boosts
  3.  Tick the box next to Last Caller Barring
  4.  Save your changes by clicking the Update button at the bottom of the page

To block the last number to call you:

1.  After the number you want to block has called you, hang up and then dial 1 4 2 5 8 on your phone
  2.  Confirm that you want to block the number by dialling * *
  3.  The last number to call you will now be blocked

To block a specific number:

1.  Dial 1 4 2 5 8
  2.  When prompted to manage your list of barred numbers, enter your PIN (default is 1 2 3 4)
  3.  Press 2 to review your barred numbers list
  4.  Now follow the instructions on the phone
  5. The number(s) you’ve entered will now be blocked from calling you

To report a number to us after you've blocked it:

After you've blocked a number, you can report it to us by pressing 1 when prompted

To change your Last Caller Barring PIN:

1.  Dial 1 4 2 5 8
  2.  Immediately enter your PIN (default is 1 2 3 4)
  3.  Select ‘Change your PIN’
  4.  Now follow the instructions on the phone

1.  Dial 1 4 2 5 8 
  2.  Enter your PIN (default is 1 2 3 4)
  3.  Select 2 to review your barred numbers list
  4.  You will now hear a list of your barred numbers. To skip to the next number, press 6 and to skip back press 4 
  5.  When you hear the number you'd like to remove, press *

When you remove Last Caller Barring, you will lose all of your previously blocked numbers.

Simply follow the steps you used to activate this feature in My Account, only this time remove the tick next to Last Caller Barring and click Update to confirm. 

If you've forgotten your PIN, you'll need to remove Last Caller Barring in My Account

This will revert your PIN back to default (default is 1 2 3 4).

Simon
Hi, I’m Simon did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088