cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Annoyed. Will leave in 21 months

Message 7 of 7

Due to helping keeping my parents finances in check due to age both over 80 I put their shell broadband on my email.  Problem is I can not access my parents account as they are on my email which has an account with talktalk until August 2026. Will not renew.  Was paying my parents account via card each month.

Parents came over due to shell broadband.

I was in holiday when a bill came in.  Could not talk to anyone from talktalk no email address as when you send a bill or final demand I could not pay it when away.  

Came home paid bill took 20 min on phone.  My parents have moved to sky boy wish I did because getting sense out of the penny pinching outfit is impossible.  Now today a demand for 12.50 due to late payment.  This was never mentioned when I thought I was closing fully my parents account 2 weeks ago.  Truly annoyed no issue in paying it was circumstances at that time   Should I get paid for time wasted and bill talktalk 

Well that 12.50 will in 21 months cost you my account will go to BT.  Been with talktalk aol since 2001.  But now disgusted of how money grabbing you become when ppl leave your company   Let's hope EE run free 3 months in 2026.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Contacting TalkTalk by email is pointless, I will agree with you there. As I said, complete those details and let's wait for the support team to pick this up. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

More annoyed that the charge for late payment was not told too me when paying the bill to close the account.  Was told that was it paid in full and account closed.  If told would have paid it during that call.

Could not pay the bill due to not being able to go online as the migrated shell account was same email as my own talktalk account.  And contacting talktalk by email is pointless

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

OK, as this is somebody else's account TalkTalk may be limited in how far they can discuss this with you. Nevertheless, if you post the account holder's full name, address and TalkTalk landline number as was in the Private notes section of your community profile (click here) then I am sure they will do what they can when they pick this up after they are back online from Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@Thegimble2024, bills do come in on a regular date, so was this on the normal schedule or different?

You could have mitigated this perhaps by paying upfront - excess payments can be refunded via My Account, and can be sent by cheque if no Direct Debit was in place.

That would at least have avoided the £12.50 late payment charge. 

Talktalk has acted according to Ts&Cs and a late payment charge would apply whoever you were with.

There's no direct email address for us to give you. You could try using Chat, if you don't want to phone again. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Forum staff are not back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

An easy email to contact them.  Every email has no reply which was only was I could contact them from Turkey.  

For them to tell me that 12.50 was outstanding when I phoned them when I got back.  

Not asking a lot but 20 min phonecalls to pay the bill is a joke as account was closed when my parents moved to sky I can not pay it automated over the phone.  Can not access their account online.  So stuck again 

Customer services wise talktalk always for me been hit and miss.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Thegimble2024 

This seems to be more of a Billing issue, but I am nevertheless not sure what you are asking from TalkTalk?

0 Likes