cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband sped

Oldsoldier6
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Was with shell and had low speeds around 24 in relation to contract speed .was moved to talk talk on their fibre 65 and have had speeds around 24 ever since. Contacted help and have had system checks on numerous occasions. 

Still in dispute but have been told that that my property will not accept speeds above 24 ish. 

I have a new build bungalow with all new wiring and connection. 

I don’t believe what I’ve been told and am searching for other suppliers. 

Have no problem with octopus having been moved from shell 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Morning @Oldsoldier6 

Does it give you the option to upgrade to FTTP in your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

I am assuming that the customer would have been migrated over to the closest equivalent package with TalkTalk, @Gliwmaeden2 . As long as TalkTalk aren't now charging them more than Shell were though, I don't really see what the problem is.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Yes, but Fibre35 would have managed expectations better. 

Prices do sometimes vary even though the advertised in contract price is publicly the same as for Fibre65. 

When I last renewed I tried 4 times and was offered 4 different prices from 4 different agents. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

you'd have been as well to have been put on Fibre 35.

In a way, yes, but from my experience at my last renewal time, the price for Fibre35 is exactly the same as Fibre65 so no real advantage dropping down to the lower package. That's why I'm still on Fibre65, although it seems I'll be forced to leave TalkTalk next month when my contract ends, as much as I'd like to stay.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

If you're not getting over 25Mbps, @Oldsoldier6, you'd have been as well to have been put on Fibre 35.

If you go to Service Status Dashboard, check in My Connection, as a speedtest should show you speeds from the past week and also your minimum guaranteed speed for the line. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Oldsoldier6 

The speed you get on a FTTC service will be determined mainly by the length of the copper part of the phone line from your house to the PCP cabinet.

Whatever company you initially took your contract out with should have advised you at the time of the guaranteed minimum speed for your line.

If you stick your address and postcode in here BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) you should get Openreach's estimated min/max speeds for your line (You'll be looking for the VDSL speeds).

0 Likes