cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cityfibre appointment e-mail and text - I know nothing about this!

simg6827
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Received an e-mail and text message from CityFibre saying that I have an appointment with them on 12th May 2022 for them to supply me with my full fibre service.  I know nothing about this and have not requested CityFibre to supply me with anything.

TalkTalk provide my broadband and I have recently entered into a new contract.

Why are CityFibre now contacting me about an appointment and service which I know nothing about and have not requested?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi simg6827,

Some customers have been selected to upgrade to Full Fibre for free, which means their contract term and monthly charges will remain the same, there’s no change as a result of this upgrade.

I understand you've mentioned CityFibre have arranged an appointment for today, has an engineer attended the property?

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @simg6827,

CityFibre are a company that are upgrading people from their old copper phone line, to a full fibre connection. They just upgrade the 'wire', you would still be a TalkTalk customer, just with a new full fibre connection to your property.

It does sound like the communication around this process is very poor for many customers, just getting a random text or email out of the blue like this. the support team here may be able to give you some more info tomorrow.

If you do go ahead with the appointment, then one thing to be careful of, if you currently use your TalkTalk landline phone then make sure they confirm you can still have a phone on the new connection, as some customers have found that after the upgrade they have broadband but no phone.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes