cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connected - No Internet

Hugh88
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 78 of 78

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue to mine. I returned from holiday on the 19th September to find that my router (Huawei HG633) would not connect to the internet.

All devices showed Connected/No Internet.

I contacted TalkTalk and after struggling with a bot and a foreign call centre agent I managed to get them to send a new router. A new router, WiFi Hub was received on the Monday 25th September.  After setting up the router the dreaded amber light appeared and would not go away. Same issue "connected/no internet". Back on to TalkTalk via chat explained the situation and they decided that there was a problem with my home network and booked a QUEBGB Engineer to attend on the 30th September. The Engineer attended confirmed that there was no issue with the home set up and tried another router. Same issue " Connected/No Internet". He then said there may be a fault on the external line and this would need to be checked by open reach. Strangely when I checked the Fault tracker it stated incorrectly that the fault had been fixed.

Back on to talktalk who then arranged an open reach engineer to call on the 5th October. Open reach engineer stated no fault with external line and the problem was at the talktalk end. Faulttracker closed the job again and like a game of snakes and ladders it was back to the start. Frustration, Exasperation was now starting to creep in. I again after a lengthy process managed to contact TalkTalk who then arranged for an expert TalkTalk Engineer to visit, yesterday,  on the 12th October. Lo and behold the engineer could find nothing wrong with the home set up and said the problem seemed to be at the talktalk end. He the escalated it again for a visit by an open reach engineer.

Now this visit will most likely be a waste of time as the external line is fine. I believe that the issue lies with the replacement TalkTalk router the WiFi Hub. This router is designed for full fibre services and my package is the Fibre 35 which is a slower package that relies on the Open Reach network . The router I should have is the WiFi Hub Black which is more compatable with my package. My head is sore with banging it against TalkTalks walls and if there is any moderator looking in can you please arrange a WiFi Hub Black to be sent to replace the WiFi Hub as I have had no internet connection since the 19th September 2023 and I am having to get by using my next door neighbours WiFi untill this sorry mess is resolved. 

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.

77 REPLIES 77

Message 1 of 78

@AHMADY3 

Click on the blue Start a topic button near the top of the page here

0 Likes

Message 2 of 78

I have problem I don’t have a Internet connection 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 78

@AHMADY3 

As previously advised to others, please start your own topic and the support team will be happy to help. 

0 Likes

AHMADY3
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 78

Hi 

I don't have Internet connection please can I have Internet 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 78

Hi Hajra2024,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Hajra2024
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 78

Hi can you please help

0 Likes

Message 7 of 78

Hi calbo12,

As advised, please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 78

@calbo12 

If you start your own topic the support team here will be happy to look into this for you.

0 Likes

calbo12
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 78

I am getting this exact problem now, but an in home engineer came over yesterday, tested everything, installed the new hub, nothing worked?  I unplugged and plugged the wan cable in just to fiddle around with it and it came back on! this was 4pm yesterday. at 1pm today my wifi goes back off flashing slow Amber light. did you get a fix for this? the external open reach engineer apparently can't find a fault either. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 78
0 Likes

Message 11 of 78

Cheers Chris. Thanks again.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 12 of 78

Hi Hugh

Glad to hear that you've received the router and it's working, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 78

Hi Chris,

Parcel has been delivered. WiFi Hub 2 connected and phone now working. Many thanks for your help on this. It has been a long hard struggle since the 19th Sept when I noticed my broadband had ceased. I guess we'll never get to the root cause but my suspicion is that the copper line was ceased erroneously on the broadband side. 

Anyway I'm now up and running and I trust that the auto compensation kicks in for the weeks I was offline from 19th Sept to 2nd Nov.

Once again thanks for all your help. From a customer point of view it was much easier dealing with you guys on the community than going through the bots and foreign call centre agents. Wasn't easy for them either I guess as the language barriers can be problematic both ways.  

Thanks Again!

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 14 of 78

Hi Hugh

Latest update from a couple of minutes ago - Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 78
0 Likes

Message 16 of 78

Thanks for the confirmation Chris. I should hear from Yodel soon.

Cheers

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 17 of 78

There was the following update at 05:55 this morning - Your parcel has arrived at your delivery depot

I'll check again later for further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 78

No problem, I'll just check

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 78

Hi Chris,

Hate to be a pest but I haven't heard anything from Yodel regarding a delivery. Normally they send an e-Mail to advise of delivery timescale as soon as the item reaches their depot. If the package was despatched on Monday I'd have expected some communication from them could you please confirm that it has definately been despatched.

Thanks

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 20 of 78
0 Likes