cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Drop Outs

Thor4589
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

After several years of pretty reliable service, my broadband connection now goes through almost daily phases of repeated drop outs. It has become so bad recently that I am considering, reluctantly, changing to an alternative provider. Can anything be done to improve the stability of my connection? Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Thor4589,

If you need assistance can you please update your Community Profile as Skynet_TX requested and we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Thor4589,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

What model of router do you have ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.