cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Getting started with Talk Talk

JordanH0406
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello Talk Talk community, I'm knew here with Talk talk, I started my order of Fibre 65 on the 3rd of November 2021 and was told my go live date was the 15th, I was excited but knew I needed an engineer to come out especially since there was no master socket in this flat I just moved into. Unfortunately this first occasion was my fault, on the 15th the engineer tried to contact me but unfortunately I had miss typed my mobile number by 2 digits, this was corrected and is corrected on the system now however I was then told I had to wait until the 24th for the new engineer and to go live.. so I did and the 24th came, made sure I was out waiting, all morning from 8am - 1pm, had my phone in my hand on loud, not one open reach engineer turned up, I had no miss calls from them, and then after calling Talk talk they told me that the engineer couldn't gain access to the premises which is a joke, its an open drive, there are no obstacles or obstructions to stop any kind of entry, it is actually impossible to need to gain access as it's that open, however.. the nightmare continued and the engineer that day never rang me back..  it's now the 26th and I was told I had to wait until the 2nd of December now to go live and get an engineer.. this wasn't my fault, I made myself fully available, I logged a compliant and was just let down, I really need the Internet and this has halted everything for me.. they told me their complaints were going to call me today between 2pm to 4pm, I get a text today telling me they will call Monday now.. so even the complaints appointment has been sent back again, and NOW I'm hearing on the phone to them that the date isn't the 2nd it's now the 3rd of December..  I'm losing my mind and I thought I wouldn't be messed about so much, I was really excited to be with Talk talk but nearly a month on without Internet and open reach messing me about, I was ready all day and not one miss call and not any open reach engineer in sight, and it's ironic how the engineer said they couldn't gain access, when 2 other open reach engineers came into this place 2 days before... so now waiting until the 3rd 😖

Jordan H
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi JordanH0406,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Staff will be back on Monday, @JordanH0406.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

JordanH0406
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

I updated everything, I am to believe that now my go live date is the 3rd of December 2021 and the engineer will be coming out fit the line and master socket on this day too between 8am and 1pm

Jordan H
0 Likes

JordanH0406
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

I updated everything, I am to believe that now my go live date is the 3rd of December 2021 and the engineer will be coming out fit the line and master socket on this day too between 8am and 1pm

Jordan H
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi JordanH0406,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes