cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to stay logged in to the Community Forum?

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Apologies for posting this here but there doesn't seem to be a section for forum issues.

Every time I want to access the forum I have to log in using my email address and the security code emailed to me.  Surely it should be possible to stay logged in, there's an option to sign out after all, so what do I need to do to stay logged in?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Further to my previous reply I closed my browser about 20 mins ago and had to log back in to post this.  Although not onerous it's a bit of an irritation.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

That's what I experience on my PC and on my phone, except when using Opera. When using this browser I regularly get 12 hours and maybe more sometimes without having to login again.

I meant to say initially that we thought it was an android issue but that was ruled out as PC browsers exhibited the same issue although older phones with older android systems to not appear to exhibit the same issues.

Also using my Fire HD tablet I can go days without being thrown out. 

It's really strange but as said TalkTalk are investigating, but have been tor some while. 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Seemingly almost straight after leaving the forum and closing the browser; although just now I logged in, closed the browser, waited about 10 seconds and was able to get back in to post this reply without needing to log in again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@AndyUK 

How often do you find you are being logged out?

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

I would agree with @ferguson , it's a TalkTalk matter, not which browser one uses.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I've yet to find a browser on my PC that keeps me logged in for any length of time.

I've raised this again to see if there has been any progress (I guess not). We live in hope.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Thanks both. I'm using MS Edge on my Win 10 PC.  I appreciate the need for security but things can be taken too far!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

This is an issue that has been raised to forum management by myself and fellow community stars.

This started earlier this year but no fix has yet been found. We think it has something to do with the latest version of Android.

If you are using a mobile I have found that using the Opera browser is better and I usually only have to log in once a day. Edge and Chrome log me out each time  I close the browser.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

It's been a feature for a while now, the two-step authentication and auto timeout are designed to increase security.

0 Likes