cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Incorrect cabinet routing - only 2MBPS

JaneD2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have recently moved and the engineer came and put the line in for the fast broadband. He told me that the line is routed to a cabinet (FTTC) too far away from the house even though there is a cabinet just across the road. 

I need to use the broadband for work and to watch streaming service on the television. 2MBPS isn't enough to do this. The engineer said that the speed is far too weak for streaming.

I have tried to speak to a person regarding having the line re-routed to the closer cabinet. But there is no option number that applies to this problem. 

Does anyone know a direct line to speak to a human being?  I tried every option on the telephone and just kept being cut off when the automated bot didn't understand what I wanted. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Jane,

Thank you. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket please so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Updated name and telephone.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi AllyM, I may have the terminology wrong but the deal that I signed up for was called 'fast broadband'. When the engineer came to fit the telephone line he identified that the line is routed to a cabinet much further away, but there was a cabinet closer which would give us much faster speeds. It was actually the engineer that wrote down all of the terminology.

The main problem I have is trying to speak to a talktalk real life person to ask them if the routing of the line can be changed to the cabinet that is just across the road. There is an option for this and I keep being cut off!

0 Likes

JaneD2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I have updated my name and telephone number.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning Jane,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I'm not sure if you've just got the terminology wrong, but "Fast Broadband" is the name TalkTalk use for their old copper only ADSL service. If you have signed up for a VDSL FTTC service it will be called Fibre35 or Fibre65.

It's true that you may not be connected to the cabinet closest to your home but I think it's incredibly unlikely, especially given the push to get full fibre rolled out countrywide as the next generation broadband service, that you'll get Openreach to invest in legacy network infrastructure and lay new copper wiring to connect you and/or your neighbours to the closer cabinet.

0 Likes