cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ROUTER KEEPS RESTARTING, BECOMING MORE FREQUENT

Eddie_r_h
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

My broadband router keeps dropping and router restarts.  Had the router for many years and experienced this sporadically over the last year or so but now it's dropping much more frequently.  Started dropping this morning every half hour but now in a restart loop.  It's been especially playing up over the last few weeks but now becoming unusable. 

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Eddie

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Eddie_r_h

That's strange as I can't connect to your router. Could you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of your router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes it's connected at the moment.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Eddie_r_h

Thank you 🙂

I can't connect to your router, is the TT router still connected?

0 Likes

Eddie_r_h
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Debbie, I've added those details just now.   I did manage to force an IP change which helped for a little while, still getting lots of Intrusion detection warning in the log and after 30 mins it started back in restart loop.  I get a couple of minutes of connection before it drops again.   

Warning message:  Intrusion -> src=212.70.149.138 DST=*** LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=245 ID=15709 PROTO=TCP SPT=46018 DPT=7777 WINDOW

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Eddie_r_h

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Eddie_r_h
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Checking the router logs I can see a number of Intrusion Detection security warnings appear just before a ERROR_NO_CARRIER error, then it restarts. Seems to be repeating, I get 4 it 5 intrusion warnings then the carrier error and the router restarts.  I've also noticed my IP isn't being changed after a router reset. Tried turning off for 10 mins but no IP change.  

0 Likes