cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Iptv

Mohyieldin Hassan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 50 of 50

Good morning all

I have a problem with my IPTV, for more than 72 hours. 

It seems like it had been blocked from your side, because it work excellent from my mobile data network. 

I hope you could help me with this issue. 

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Hi ruiengana

I escalated this back to the team. I haven't received any information back from them yet but I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 50

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , just checked and channels are working now. What's happening?

Message 3 of 50

Hi ruiengana

Apologies again. I will escalate this back to the team and I will post back here as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 50

Yes, still happening 😞

0 Likes

Message 5 of 50

Hi ruiengana

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is this still happening today?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

@Michelle-TalkTalk, look like problem returned 😞 all channels through that auth server are blocked again. To test please use same URL as before. As before, a 404 response is good and a timeout is bad.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 50

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this. I can't take all the credit for this as one of our Community Managers Stephen also helped to resolve this.

Thanks

Message 8 of 50

Channels work now 🙂 Whoop!

You're a STAR 🙂 What was it in the end? Some misconfigured firewall?

Message 9 of 50

Hi,

Please can you retest and let us know if this is now working?

Thanks

Message 10 of 50

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. We're looking into this and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 11 of 50

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , that's because the URL is redacted since the original URL contain sensitive authorisation data.

If you get a 404 it's because your line isn't blocking you, you get the 404 because that code is invalid (it's redacted) but at least you get to the server. If you try same on a TalkTalk line you will get a timeout and not a 404, that's because you never get to the server (connection being blocked).

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

Hello,

When I try and access the url you have shared via my own data/mobile connection I also get a 404 error. As requested previously we need to know the domain of the channels that don't work. Can your provider provide this information?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 50

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Unfortunately, not all connections are required to use DNS names so this is impossible to provide. Nevertheless, I have resolved all blocked websites domains and confirmed the IP address I am trying to connect is not on the blocked list.

Attached is a ZIP file with the list of blocked websites from your page https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Blocked-websites/ta-p/2204638, a shell script that resolves all A records for each of the domains and the output of that script. You can confirm that IP address 5.101.146.210 is not on the list.

Can you please pass this information to network team?

Thanks,

Rui

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

Hi,

Unfortunately without the domain name we would be unable to assist any further with this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 50

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk

As expected, changing DNS Server didn't worked since the URL in question has a IP on it and doesn't need DNS resolution.

This is very frustrating and I don't understand how TalkTalk is not able to provide an explanation regarding the blocked connection to http://5.101.146.210/auth/redacted this is a very simple question. Can you please request information from the network team?

Thank you.

Rui

0 Likes

Message 16 of 50

Hello,

As Chris has mentioned, trying different DNS could help, however without the URL/domain of the channel which is being streamed (the IP address provided is not sufficient) it will be very difficult for us to confirm whether it's being blocked as part of a court order. At the beginning of January several domains were blocked following the motion picture association of america inc, nintendo LTD and elsevier LTD court orders. Given your channels stopped working around a similar time then it's possible the channels that don't work are being blocked, however unless you can confirm the source of the channel being streamed we won't be able to confirm if it's part of the list.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 50

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, that’s not that easy to capture.

The way this IPTV provider work is that channels are protected by authorisation servers (URL attached) and once the authorisation code is confirmed it will redirect to the actually IPTV stream.

What is failing is that I cannot get to the authorisation server connection through therefore never redirected to the IPTV stream. Once we get the authorisation server connection working I don’t know if we are going to get something else blocked, sure hope not as this was working before.

The reason why some channels work are others don’t is the they are protected by different authorisation servers, for those that work the connection to the auth server is not being dropped. 

Hope this help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,

Rui

0 Likes

Message 18 of 50

OK thanks. Can you make a list of the channels that do not work and we can pass to our network team. You could also try changing the DNS server to google to see if this makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 50

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk, I am connected over Wifi but just tested with cable and problem persists.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 50

Are you experiencing this issue on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wi-fi? If wi-fi could you test on a device connected by Ethernet cable

Chris

0 Likes