cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Keep loosing connection every so often

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

in recent weeks my internet keeps loosing connection, that requires a reboot of the roouter device, and as i dont know much about computers and all my son a telephone engineer has looked at the telephone socket wiring said looks fine to him, but it still drops off, my router is old now had it at least fair few months, is there any chance i can have a replacement? as i feel im paying for a service that just dont hold up to the expectations 

G M Govier
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

got the new router, was set up by my son yesterday and so far running smooth and brilliantly many thanks 

G M Govier
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Gillian

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

many thanks 

G M Govier

Message 5 of 13

Hi Gillian

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

my son uses the wired connection for his xbox via ethernet cable , he often messages me saying is the router working as ive lost connection to it [he resides in a caravan on my driveway] then i restart the router this returns the service , also a wired connection going to my Tv box an old bt one i use youview box ?

G M Govier
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Can I just confirm, do you have any devices connected wired when this happens? If so then do they also lose connection too?

Thanks

0 Likes

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

seems ok but it did lose connection over the weekend the light was still on but no internet with wifi , until a few minutes after, as im not expert im clueless why

G M Govier
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is clear and the connection looks stable for almost 4 days. Can I just confirm, how has the connection/stability been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

GillianGovier
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Sagemcom FAST 5364 i believe as for the lights it flashes orange for a long time then finally connects to steady white 

G M Govier
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

What make/model of router do you have & when you have the problems, what is the light or lights showing on the router's front panel?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes