cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Login to HMRC gov.uk website

CheifDruid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Can anyone possibly help? I'm trying to login to HMRC (for self assessment check my account etc) I had no problem last financial year accessing and completing a self assessment with them. I can access the site but when I try to logon I get the following message:

"Sorry, there was a problem handling your request."

None of my computers can login to the site and all receive the above message. I can however login to the site from my phone (using data) and I can login to my account from another location as normal. A line test identified a possible / potential problem and I went through the normal troubleshooting of router power off / reset / restart process all to no avail but it now tells me:

"Your in-home setup needs checking"

This sends me down the "Start Troubleshooting" option and ultimately the troubleshooting diagnostics blame the gov.uk website for the problem, this is not the case and quite frankly the diagnostics are restrictive and of little help! I'm pointing a finger at my TalkTalk broadband connection. Can anybody shed some light on this please? Can a TalkTalk human being progress this as a real problem I firmly believe it's my broadband connection that is at fault!

Cheers all

Jon
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great news Jon, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Hi Chris

I tried powering off the router for 30 minuets and it worked!  can now login to the site as normal. Thanks for your advice and support

Kind regards

Jon

Jon

Message 3 of 11

Hi Chris,

I tried powering off the router for 30 minuets and it worked, can now login as normal to the site. Thanks for your advice and support.

Kind regards

Jon 

Jon
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Jon,

How are you getting on, did you try switching your router off for 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Working fine on Fibre 35, Windows 10 and Chrome Version 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit) at 1925.

Message 6 of 11

Thanks Jon. I can see that you're a Fibre customer so could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest (this will force the start of a new session)

Chris

0 Likes

CheifDruid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi Chris profile updated,

thanks

Jon

Jon
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

OK thanks, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

CheifDruid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Chris

Thanks for your response. The router has been rebooted, turned off left for 20 minuets and turned back on again. This has not remedied the situation. I followed the TalkTalk' troubleshooter' online process which led nowhere. I've followed all suggestions presented but still to no avail. This is the only site I know of that I cannot access. I can access normally through my mobile phone using it's data and I can login at a different physical location. No other machine I have can login to the site either I do not know how besst to proceed

Cheers

Jon   

Jon
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi CheifDruid,

Have you tried rebooting your router? If not then can you give this a try and then retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes